What Would You Like To See Go Away On Cruises?

Texaspepper

OK, I want to thank you for this post. My signature says I'm sailing the Splendor on 10/25, but I'm not booked. My friend dropped out, and I'm trying to figure out what to do. I checked the Mariner rates...there's an IL resident special that make a single cruise on Mariner $250 less than Splendor...I may be booking my first Royal Caribbean cruise!

Awesome!!! I have been on RCCL before and loved it! Smaller ship......this will be my first Voyager class and I can't wait. I hear nothing but good things about the Mariner!

When we booked our balcony cabin it was cheaper then the Splendor balcony cabin......I couldn't pass it up either:D We were originally scheduled to sail in May and the cruise was re routed to PNW and they offered us obc to rebook or a total refund.......so we rebooked for August and it came out to about the same price.

$250 less for single price? Wow! And I thought Carnivals singles were the cheapest!!! Sounds like a heck of a deal!!!

Awesome!!! I have been on RCCL before and loved it! Smaller ship......this will be my first Voyager class and I can't wait. I hear nothing but good things about the Mariner!

When we booked our balcony cabin it was cheaper then the Splendor balcony cabin......I couldn't pass it up either:D We were originally scheduled to sail in May and the cruise was re routed to PNW and they offered us obc to rebook or a total refund.......so we rebooked for August and it came out to about the same price.

$250 less for single price? Wow! And I thought Carnivals singles were the cheapest!!! Sounds like a heck of a deal!!!

I have a message in to my TA and a courtesy hold on the booking...it's actually $350 cheaper...I was factoring in my $100 next vacation credit I bought on my Freedom cruise. Carnival is usually cheapest for solos, but the 1As are not showing for any sailing I'm looking at. My TA double checked for me, and she said they are indeed sold out. I guess due to the economy, the 1As are going FAST.

I have a message in to my TA and a courtesy hold on the booking...it's actually $350 cheaper...I was factoring in my $100 next vacation credit I bought on my Freedom cruise. Carnival is usually cheapest for solos, but the 1As are not showing for any sailing I'm looking at. My TA double checked for me, and she said they are indeed sold out. I guess due to the economy, the 1As are going FAST.

Well good luck!! I don't think you can go wrong with either ship:)

I will add that I have travelled Carnival, RCCL, Celebrity and NCL...and when we first started cruising RCCL was superior...in every way.......but not so anymore.......they have cut back so much...Carnival now has the better service, food quality and overall product.......and I have to say three years ago I would have told you if you don't go "Celebrity" you are a fool...but we did the same ship and cruise 2 years in a row and brought people along trusting our account from the year before........we were totally blown away with the difference in service and attitude......remember same time, same ship.........no reason for differences.......we will stick to carnival for now anyway...because they have shown us good overall service.

Wow....I was amazed at how many people want kids off the ship at the beginning of the post. Ummm...this is Carnival right? :p Kids can be great and are the next generation cruisers. Mine 9/5 love from Carnival to Holland.... Anyway, I think most want misbehaving kids off I would think.....the elevator racers :eek:

For me: I could get rid of the Titanic photo when taking pictures. Also the soda cards.

Would add: High speed WIRED internet access in the rooms so it actually works. Some new songs for the dining staff....though the old ones are still fun.

Would add sodas to be included at soda stations (dispensers). Add what, a dollar or two per guest to fund it? No one would notice. It works for Disney....why not Carnival.

I would make the "Dining Room Pirate" for pictures walk the plank. I don't think that it is cute. I would never buy one of the pictures. And if he sticks that ******* plastic cutlass under my chin again, he will have it as a suppository.

Of course, the Showgirls can stay for pictures.

Oh yeah, get rid of the parents of the obnoxious kids at the first port.

Any one know if we can get someone else to leave by invoking the Carnival Vacation Guarantee for the first port?

I really find that hard to believe. A ship going 17 knots or more and thousands of sq ft of air space and you inhale smoke? Hum.... :(

Yes smoke will invade the balconies while you and others enjoy smoking .

Even at 21 knots.

We had this cigar smoker next to us and i think all he did his entire cruse was smoke cigars every time we wanted to use the balcony.

Not that i care if you smoke, just don't invade my air space with the smokers habit . Its hard for me to consider a balcony at the price they sell for just to be violated by the smokers rule.icon4.gif

If the person in the balcony next you smokes, yes it does happen. Smoke doesn't bother me. On my last cruise the people in the balcony just forward of me smoked. Also, when I peeked around I noticed that they had one of those battery operated ashtrays that suck in the smoke. Still, I could smell the smoke on a few occasions.

If someone is sensitive to smoke, or has asthma, it could bother them.

I can vouch for that........

I can honestly say I've never had a problem with people smoking in the designated areas. My worry about smoking on board is a fire that could flare up from it. Remember Star Princess?!?! A year after our honeymoon we saw that part of it caught fire from deck 9-12 and about 100 cabins were damaged all from a cigarette. PLEASE for all who smoke, put your cigarette out good before leaving the area and do not throw it overboard since it can land anywhere and catch something on fire.

The only thing I would have wanted to see go away was Charlie, our CD on the Valor this past March. Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah!! He never shut up!! Anyone know if hes on another ship right now? My biggest fear is that he will be on our transatlantic crossing in Oct.

LOL Reminds me of Steve Knisely (spelled) on the Liberty last year. He certainly was memorable in a headache kind of way. I'm sure many enjoyed him and the good part was he gave me a better appreciation for the Cd's that aren't annoying :)

Drop the dining room singing and dancing to two nights on seven week cruise. Every night is excessive.

Make in ONLY at early seating... most at late seating have seen it already and would rather sip a cup of coffee/glass of wine quietly with SO than be "entertained" AGAIN... lol

I will add that I have travelled Carnival, RCCL, Celebrity and NCL...and when we first started cruising RCCL was superior...in every way.......but not so anymore.......they have cut back so much...Carnival now has the better service, food quality and overall product.......and I have to say three years ago I would have told you if you don't go "Celebrity" you are a fool...but we did the same ship and cruise 2 years in a row and brought people along trusting our account from the year before........we were totally blown away with the difference in service and attitude......remember same time, same ship.........no reason for differences.......we will stick to carnival for now anyway...because they have shown us good overall service.

LOL I never felt RCCL was superior in any way.......and this was when I sailed them back in 2004.......And I also dont feel Carnival is better overall then other lines........

We have found that it all comes down to ships, not cruiselines........it is hit or miss depending on the staff on each ship........unless they are all cloned it would be impossible for every ship within a line to be the same..........and we personally found that to be true;)

Get rid of the passengers that seem to think its ok to leave glasses, plates watever in elevators, on handrails etc. I understand placing them outside your cabin door but its amazing the places you find dirty dishes.

I agree with the port talks idea. Some history about the place would be great. The port talks now are nothing more than shopping tips that are not really tips. They are just trying to steer you to stores and shops that probably pay them something for the referral.

Maybe we have been lucky but I dont recall having photographers in our faces. That would be very irritating!

last thing, lets not make this thread a discussion on smoking! There are plenty of other threads on CC where you can POLITELY share your thoughts. :)

I try to avoid most of the annoying things.

I stay away from the CD, bingo and most shows.

I avoid the photographers, but hate it when I am not allowed to bypass the photo area when boarding.

I don't go to the port or debarkation talks.

I have only seen part of one hairy chest contest.

I don't eat in the Lido unless absolutely necessary.

I don't notice the red and blue team stuff anymore...do they still do that?

And when the waiters sing and dance, I just keep eating my dinner.

I stay out of the smokey areas...if the place is smoked up then they don't want, and won't get, my business...

And basically I can amuse myself, so I am not missing out anyway.

But I really don't enjoy looking at someone's disgusting semi-eaten food and dirty dishes in the hallway. If you have to leave dirty dishes out for all to see, please do your best to make it look not so gaggy.

If you spit it out, then rest assured that the rest of us don't want to see it.

And if you puke in the hallway, call someone to clean it up.

Or better yet, do it yourself.

Do people puke on the floor and then leave it there in their own homes?

No one that I know is quite that disgusting.

I try to avoid most of the annoying things.

I stay away from the CD, bingo and most shows.

I avoid the photographers, but hate it when I am not allowed to bypass the photo area when boarding.

I don't go to the port or debarkation talks.

I have only seen part of one hairy chest contest.

I don't eat in the Lido unless absolutely necessary.

I don't notice the red and blue team stuff anymore...do they still do that?

And when the waiters sing and dance, I just keep eating my dinner.

I stay out of the smokey areas...if the place is smoked up then they don't want, and won't get, my business...

And basically I can amuse myself, so I am not missing out anyway.

But I really don't enjoy looking at someone's disgusting semi-eaten food and dirty dishes in the hallway. If you have to leave dirty dishes out for all to see, please do your best to make it look not so gaggy.

If you spit it out, then rest assured that the rest of us don't want to see it.

And if you puke in the hallway, call someone to clean it up.

Or better yet, do it yourself.

Do people puke on the floor and then leave it there in their own homes?

No one that I know is quite that disgusting.

Upon further thought I agree with you. Carnival should come up with a better way to pick up dirty dishes from room service instead of letting people leave a whole bunch of plates and stuff on the floor outside their doorway. I have been in four and five star hotels that do not allow this.

Upon further thought I agree with you. Carnival should come up with a better way to pick up dirty dishes from room service instead of letting people leave a whole bunch of plates and stuff on the floor outside their doorway. I have been in four and five star hotels that do not allow this.

However it is standard practice in a lot of hotels and this is the problem. Cruise ship halls are narrow compared to land based hotels. There should be a notice that comes with room service to leave the dishes inside the stateroom. Cleaning staff are in the room twice a day so you would not have to put up with the dirty dishes in your room for long. IMHO

However it is standard practice in a lot of hotels and this is the problem. Cruise ship halls are narrow compared to land based hotels. There should be a notice that comes with room service to leave the dishes inside the stateroom. Cleaning staff are in the room twice a day so you would not have to put up with the dirty dishes in your room for long. IMHO

We leave our stuff in the room and when we return its gone. I cant figure out how the stewards know that we left the room! On our first cruise we were amazed that we could leave the cabin for no more than an hour and each time, the steward had been in there straightening up or something!

Also, why not leave the pools open at night or leave the deck chairs out? I would love to enjoy a midnight swim but it seems that they cover the pools with a net, drain them and stack all the chairs up. Maybe its a safety issue?

We leave our stuff in the room and when we return its gone. I cant figure out how the stewards know that we left the room! On our first cruise we were amazed that we could leave the cabin for no more than an hour and each time, the steward had been in there straightening up or something!

Also, why not leave the pools open at night or leave the deck chairs out? I would love to enjoy a midnight swim but it seems that they cover the pools with a net, drain them and stack all the chairs up. Maybe its a safety issue?

On some of our cruises i.e. RCCL Voyager Of The Seas, they have a card on your room service tray to call a # and they will come and pick up your tray. People may be able to do this on CCL. .don't know.

Archived