What Would You Like To See Go Away On Cruises?

Texaspepper

This will probably get me flamed but what the heck.

I would like to see smoking go away. Sorry. I have problems with the smoke causing allergic reactions.

I hope nobody flames you. You are entitled to your opinion and you shared it.

Color wars... This is something that I thought rather juvenile so I have pretty much ignored them, but it goes something like this: All passengers are divided in teams based on some independent criterion, such as your cabin number: Odd = Red, Even = Blue. During the cruise, as trivia, game show etc. games are played, the players / winners are identified as to which team they belong. I suppose you are expected to cheer for your teammates. There doesn't appear to be any reward or benefit to the color wars. That why it all seemed rather lame to me. Not sure I understand it correctly...maybe someone else has more insight.

I dont' have any idea how much REVENUE it generates for Carnival now, but FREE HIGH SPEED INTERNET in every cabin would, IMHO, be an incredible selling point. ;)

Many paxs like myself must be in constant contact with their businesses and this would be a big plus for me. Might even be able to create the illusion that one isn't even truly away ! :rolleyes:

Most of the good hotels (and even some of the "cheapies") now have it and use it to promote a potential client choosing their hotel over another, I would think Carnival would capitalize on this opportunity also. :)

I dont' have any idea how much REVENUE it generates for Carnival now, but FREE HIGH SPEED INTERNET in every cabin would, IMHO, be an incredible selling point. ;)

Many paxs like myself must be in constant contact with their businesses and this would be a big plus for me. Might even be able to create the illusion that one isn't even truly away ! :rolleyes:

Most of the good hotels (and even some of the "cheapies") now have it and use it to promote a potential client choosing their hotel over another, I would think Carnival would capitalize on this opportunity also. :)

Your right on brother with that one. In the last year I have had to get off and find internet cafe in Cartagena, La Palma, Nassau, Mo Bay, Grand Cayman...time consuming and I miss time in port. On board would be better. But at their price and sppppeeeeeddddd of internet it is not worth it. Find a internet cafe in the port I am in. Of course, ships use satellite and it can only handle so much so fast. So give us a break. . .on board. Yes, they do make a hunk of change charging the rates they charge.

I would like to end........

• Looking for my photos (I love the idea of them on the cabin TV)

• Looking for my luggage at debarkation (so we see a theme here?)

• Singing and dancing in the MDR....the waiters look so uncomfortable.....I will say that on our last cruise, the only song on July 4 was 'G-d Bless America"...everyone stood up to sing....
  • The same Carnival videos on TV, over and over and over...and over....
  • Having cabins above and below lounges (a problem we had....)

072_72.jpg.12dbfbd16c23d3580285f69ed5d45f79.jpg

Can someone explain what colors wars are? I have seen it mentioned several times in this thread but have no idea what it is.
I've been on five Carnival cruises, and I would love to explain this to you. However, I have no clue myself.

Well...I think the ping-pong table should be thrown overboard!!:p

Its always to windy to play when sailing!!

Well, beer pong is cool. You might think differently had you been on the Paradise during Spring Break '08 and saw some of the coeds playing beer pong.

It is a day that is singed into my memory... in a good way. :D

I've been on five Carnival cruises, and I would love to explain this to you. However, I have no clue myself.

It has to do with dividing the MDR up into 2 sections and then they fight til death or shout each other down, I can't remember which... it was all a blur. LOL

Well, beer pong is cool. You might think differently had you been on the Paradise during Spring Break '08 and saw some of the coeds playing beer pong.

It is a day that is singed into my memory... in a good way. :D

Ahhh the Paradise on spring break:D And some people are convinced that Carnival is no longer a booze cruise.......

For all of you that are complaining about all the pictures that are taken of you, just return the favor and see how they like it ...

IMGP0288.jpg

good idea. and every time i snap a pix they will know i want money for it :rolleyes:

Balcony smoking - make half the ship smoke free and the other half could be for those that smoked or those that did not mind if others smoked. We have quit spending the extra on balcony cabins - but when I do the Alaska or Hawaii cruise will be booking a balcony for sure and I do not want my time on the balcony ruined because of nasty smoke smell.

Archived