What Would You Like To See Go Away On Cruises?

Texaspepper

Turn off the big screen during the day!! Its fine for watchinga movies in the evening if someone wishes, but not what I want to be hearing and seeing during the daytime while relaxing on Lido.

I hear you on that one. I hate that screen when I'm trying to relax on the pool deck (we sit upstairs on deck 10). I like to listen to my Discman (yes, I said Discman--I'm dating myself, I know. But I like to bring my original CD's with me). I cannot hear my music over that blasted screen! So this year, we tried something different and sat on loungers near aft on deck 10. Voila! I've found my new spot, and those who like that loud monstrosity can enjoy it to their heart's content. I can say, though, at least, they were not showing news on MSNBC from Colorado (with commercials, yikes!) like they were when I was on the Victory in Dec., 2007. Instead, they were showing the morning show with Wee Jimmy (double yikes!). Nothing against Wee Jimmy, but he's no Butch Begovich.

We are always on time and have had to wait for dessert many times because the waiters have to stop serving/taking care of their customers in order to go join in on the singing and dancing they are forced to do. And some servers are a bit slower than others, and then when you factor in the singing and dancing it does make some tables late to get to the show. I really don't understand they eye rolling in your post.

Me too, always on time, hate to be late and have still had to wait for coffee/dessert, etc. because they have to stop and put on the show. It seems silly to me to have them do that more than once or twice per week. I definitely agree to reduce the number of nights the waiters have to perform.

While they are at it, how about a cruise line for our "elders" who appear to have lost the ability to tolerate children during their golden years......:rolleyes:

Exactly what I was thinking. The non smokers are told to cruise a smoke free line, well arent there any cruise lines that are kid free?

Color wars. What a waste! The summer camp example covers it well.:mad:

We love Showtime in the MDR. :cool: Would be very unhappy if CCL ever took it away.

No problems with smoking. As a reformed smoker, I've never had an issue on any of our cruises with smoke. ;)

Oh, let's get rid of these "I found the lord" speeches before performances in the talent show. Just show us your talent and move on. I don't need to hear of everyone's experience in rediscovering their chosen diety. :mad:

I know we're all entitled to our opinion so I 1st want to say that I'm not flaming or picking on anyone. You asked for our opinion so here's mine:

I like the singing waiters in the dining room (and I love joining them), the colour wars (or whatever they're called), the hairy chest contest, other pool games, etc. I also enjoy the big screen tv on lido deck for football games and movies (although I do agree that the trivia and announcements, morning show and CNN are annoying). :D These activities and events are good light hearted fun and are part of what makes Carnival, well, Carnival. :D Don't forget that these wonderful ships are known as "The Fun Ships" so why don't we have a little. :D Remember, you are never forced to participate in any of these activities/events so if you don't want to be involved in any of them, find somewhere else to rest and relax, there are plenty of places like that onboard the ship. Come-on people, live a little and have some fun while you're on vacation!! :D

To answer the original question, I would like to see all the photo taking go away (getting on/off the ship, on deck, walking around the ship, at activities/events, during dinner, etc). :( There are way to many photo stations set up in the evening and they are in everyones way (having 2 or 3 somewhere out of the way would be great). I don't want someone taking my picture while I'm eating, I don't like being stopped on deck n(or anywhere else around the ship) to have my picture taken and I don't need to have my picture taken everytime I get on or off the ship.

One thing I would like to see added is more island music (and more Jimmy Buffett) from a live band on the Lido Deck during the day on sea days. :D When I was on the Freedom in May, the band seemed to think we were at an 8 day long rock concert. Not that I don't like rock, it's just that when I'm sailing in the Caribbean, I want to hear that style of music (steel drums, Jimmy Buffett, etc). They finally get the right idea on the last day but it sure took them long enough to get there!!

Exactly what I was thinking. The non smokers are told to cruise a smoke free line, well arent there any cruise lines that are kid free?
I believe Seabourn is adults only. Also, if you go during the school year, especially on a longer cruise, HAL, Celebrity and the luxury lines are not likely to have any kids.

so would disagree..i d like them to do away with stopping everyone

boarding the ship for pictures..

better would have a section set aside for those who would like a photo

taken..

Do you mean the one's that you can buy or the ones for secruity reasons.

To answer the original question, I would like to see all the photo taking go away (getting on/off the ship, on deck, walking around the ship, at activities/events, during dinner, etc). :( There are way to many photo stations set up in the evening and they are in everyones way (having 2 or 3 somewhere out of the way would be great). I don't want someone taking my picture while I'm eating, I don't like being stopped on deck n(or anywhere else around the ship) to have my picture taken and I don't need to have my picture taken everytime I get on or off the ship

Me too Maybe a booth were you can ask to have special pictures taken.Just dont MAKE me have my picture taken.:(

As far as adults only, last time I was on HAL there were about 6 or 7 very well behaved children on the entire ship.

The people that have a problem with smokers head over to RCI or Celebrity. They have very strict smoking policies. I like Carnival not treating me like a second class citizen.

The other thing we had second seating and never saw a dancing waiter show::)

Why don't you head over to some Asian cruiselines that will let you puff away :?:

FYI : Carnival seems to be moving with the times....the Dream is really a step in the right direction to satisfy the NON smoking MAJORITY

I have no desire to to to RCI or Celebrity...thanks

i am going to jump in here and ask--what are some pretty silly questions asked here on the board. like----has anyone been to alaska, or, has anyone sailed on the glory. you know the ones i am talking about. do these posters think a cruise line would go to a port or have a ship listed on their cruise site if no-one has been there or sailed on it. am i the only one to notice this. :confused:

LOL>> I so agree.......I always laugh when I see posts like "Has anyone eaten in the supper club?"...."Has anyone sailed on the Freedom?">>>

"NO...no one has ever sailed on the Freedom, they have just been running it empty ..you will be the first"

I also feel that people should make their thread titles "specific"...and they would get better answers that way too...

ie, "How do the kiosks in Miami work?"

rather than "Just wondering?" (what?)....or "I have a question"

(no s sherlock) LOL

And if only the kids would stay out of the adult only areas, it might be better, but some parents don't seem to want to follow the rules with their kids. I love the pics poeple take of the adult hot tubs, 'adult only sign' clearly visible, and the tub is full of kids!

Well I have to say that Destiny's aft Adult Non smoking pool/hot tubs were enforced...by security...not the waiter or bartender

the security bounced kids, babies, cigars, cigarettes...

(kids and babies are allowed back there, that is where the pizzeria is and ice cream stations...but they can't get in the pools)

Now..if ONLY the hot tubs were hot instead of lukewarm

I liked the hot tubs on Imagination on the Serenity deck

and I liked the hot tub on Glory in the spa area...those were both HOT

I believe Seabourn is adults only. Also, if you go during the school year, especially on a longer cruise, HAL, Celebrity and the luxury lines are not likely to have any kids.

Why not take the kids on Disney??

(I actually don't mind kids except babies in diapers in pools...but I do get sick of people telling others what cruise line to go on...we are all on the carnival board, many of us have cruises booked on Carnival)

Ok...here I am again with my whole list

I liked the singing waiters on Destiny cause they mostly stood on the staircase and sang, only 4 jumped on pedestals to dance to Flo Rida's "Low" and it was funny and fun :)

They didn't overdo it, no conga line etc...it was good

I like the shows, the food, and most things about Carnival

I would like to see the piano bar non smoking and would like smoking limited to a few areas (that I won't go into)...and NO it doesn't have to be all nonsmoking like Paradise

I would like to see HOT hot tubs

NO babies in pools or hot tubs (parents can bring a little pool or duckie...maybe they will have sprinkler places for them to play on Dream hopefully...but please don't put them in the pool)

and please do get rid of the color wars...or else make a prize for the winning team....free drink coupons?? If there was a prize I would out there yelling "blue blue blue"

but with no prize and never find which team "won" (nothing) what is the point?

Why not take the kids on Disney??

(I actually don't mind kids except babies in diapers in pools...but I do get sick of people telling others what cruise line to go on...we are all on the carnival board, many of us have cruises booked on Carnival)

What are you talking about??? I didn't tell anyone which cruise line to go on. I responded to a question about adult only cruises.

Archived