Is this all possible on a Sunday?

fivefirsts

We arrive at the Dockyards on NCL Spirit on Sunday 8/30 and dock at 11am. I would like to go to Crystal Caves, Swizzle Inn and then to Hamilton in time for Church at 6pm. I am hoping to take the 12:30 Ferry to Hamilton. Will we have enough time to disembark and buy 3 day passes? I am hoping to get on the 1:15p #10 or #11 bus to Crystal Caves. How long is the bus ride? How long do the cave tours last? After the tour could we walk to The Swizzle Inn for an early dinner? Would we have enough time to eat and then catch a bus back to Hamilton in time to get to church? Since it is Sunday, and the buses/ferries stop running early, will it be easy to catch a taxi after church (about 7pm) back to the Dockyards? I know most stores are closed on Sundays, and I am not sure how plentiful taxis will be that late in the day. Also does anyone know about how much a taxi for 6 (2 adults and 4 kids) will cost from Hamilton to the Dockyards? Thanks for any info. The other two days should be much simpler because the busses and ferries run so much later, and we are just hoping to go to the beaches and visit Gibbs lighthouse.

I can't answer all your questions but since you have to pay for the ferry, buy your bus passes then because they are also good on the ferry.

I don't know how plentiful taxis will be but for 6 people, the base rate is $7.19 for the first mile and $2.50 each additional mile. Back to the Dockyard is roughly 12 miles.

The Swizzle Inn is a very short walk from the Crstal Caves.

You might not be able to catch the 1:15 bus after taking the 12:30 ferry to Hamilton. The bus terminal in Hamilton is not adjacent to the ferry terminal. You have a walk of perhaps 10 minutes to get from one to the other.

For me, your schedule involves way too much rushing around for what should be a relaxing vacation, but that's just my personal feeling.

Also, from what I've heard, people attending services in houses of worship in Bermuda may get a bit more dressed up than is common in the US these days. So, I'm wondering if what you're going to wear for a tour of Crystal Caves would make you feel a bit out of place at a religious service in Bermuda. Perhaps one of the Bermuda residents who posts here can advise.

As far as the "dress code" for church services, I think the previous poster may be right. We were very amused when on our walk in Hamilton on a Sunday, we saw a couple of scooters pull up by a church. Off got some parishioners, the man all dapper in a suit, shiny shoes, and a hat, the lady in a nice dress, heels, and fancy hat. My husband remarked "I guess it doesn't matter how you get here, but you need to dress up for church!".

As far as ferries on Sunday go, be careful with your schedule times. Lets just say we waited a long time for a ferry that never came!

You might not be able to catch the 1:15 bus after taking the 12:30 ferry to Hamilton. The bus terminal in Hamilton is not adjacent to the ferry terminal. You have a walk of perhaps 10 minutes to get from one to the other.

For me, your schedule involves way too much rushing around for what should be a relaxing vacation, but that's just my personal feeling.

Also, from what I've heard, people attending services in houses of worship in Bermuda may get a bit more dressed up than is common in the US these days. So, I'm wondering if what you're going to wear for a tour of Crystal Caves would make you feel a bit out of place at a religious service in Bermuda. Perhaps one of the Bermuda residents who posts here can advise.

not wanted to disagree with you, but the 12:30 Ferry leaves on time and it takes 20 minutes to Hamilton on the fast ferry. Its an easy 10 minute walk and a 1;15 bus should be no problem at all....

I agree get the pass first.

also on Sunday there is a 25% surcharge for a taxi...(as there is late at night-after 11-a double one on Sunday)

not wanted to disagree with you, but the 12:30 Ferry leaves on time and it takes 20 minutes to Hamilton on the fast ferry. Its an easy 10 minute walk and a 1;15 bus should be no problem at all....

I agree get the pass first.

also on Sunday there is a 25% surcharge for a taxi...(as there is late at night-after 11-a double one on Sunday)

You're permitted to disagree! I have been on ferries that took a lot longer than 20 minutes due to harbor traffic and lack of an available dock in Hamilton...but perhaps on a Sunday that's less likely.

You're permitted to disagree! I have been on ferries that took a lot longer than 20 minutes due to harbor traffic and lack of an available dock in Hamilton...but perhaps on a Sunday that's less likely.

The old ferries did take longer but the new fast ferries are ....faster....the old ferries are gone. I was on once that took an hour in a storm---what a mess---but they now take 20 minutes.

The old ferries did take longer but the new fast ferries are ....faster....the old ferries are gone. I was on once that took an hour in a storm---what a mess---but they now take 20 minutes.

I wasn't talking about the old ferries. I've probably been to Bermuda more than 12 times, and every year in the last half dozen or more, so I'm familiar with the ferries. I've had to sit on the boat waiting for a dock to come free on the new ones as well years ago on the old ones.

Archived