Crusing in October vs. Summer?

grandcayman10

I am trying to decide whether to cruise in June of next year or October. My first cruise was in June this year and I can't wait to go back. But the prices are so much better in October, and I can book a cruise on our wedding anniversary. What are your thoughts on cruising in October? I plan to go on the Legend for 7 days to Grand Cayman and Cozumel (and one other stop, can't think of it now).

It almost seems worth it to wait, and save $800...I can take time off work either way...

I am trying to decide whether to cruise in June of next year or October. My first cruise was in June this year and I can't wait to go back. But the prices are so much better in October, and I can book a cruise on our wedding anniversary. What are your thoughts on cruising in October? I plan to go on the Legend for 7 days to Grand Cayman and Cozumel (and one other stop, can't think of it now).

It almost seems worth it to wait, and save $800...I can take time off work either way...

I think October is a great month for a cruise....in fact. I AM cruising this October. Have to watch out a little bit for tropical storms and hurricanes, but we have to do that in June too! WHENEVER you go, have a great cruise!

We do most of our cruising in October, so I'm a little biased. We go for our anniversary as well (honeymoon is what got me addicted...think DH regrets talking me into that first one!)

As I'm sure you know, October is less expensive because it's Hurricane Season. But the likelihood of being affected is pretty slim. In fact, our ONE cruise that was affected, ended up being one of our best. The captain won't steer you anywhere near the storm, so you just need to be a little flexible if it happens...may have different ports or more sea days. I also recommend insurance if you do October.

Outside of hurricanes, October tends to be a little nicer weather...still warm but not unbearably hot. And you might also get Halloween parties onboard, depending on when you sail. At one point Carnival had parties on all their October sailings. Not sure if they're still doing that or not.

So I'd say save the cash and sail in October. What you save you can spend on excursions, spa treatments, DODs, etc. :D

Archived