New to NCL - maybe?

HlGHMAlNTENENCE

We are used to cruising with RCCL. Love the cruise line because our daughter (who will be 6) LOVES their kids programs.

We are considering booking an NCL cruise because my mom keeps raving about them (and the $$ is right for the time frame we are looking for).

I do have a few questions before we book our cruise. I was hoping ya'll would be able to help me?

1). How is the kids club? Does it seem to be a lot of kids in the Kids Club? We are planning on going a holiday week.

2). Do you have to pay to go to the Specialty Restaurants for Breakfast or Lunch?

3). Do you have to pay the upcharge fee to bring a child into a Specialty Restaurant?

4). Do they have the formal photo stations set up in the evenings?

Thanks in advance!

My kids (now 6 and 11) LOVE the Kids Crew on NCL. They have great activities (DS esp. loves the Wii contests). We can't keep them out of there!

Breakfast and lunch in the specialty restaurants is only open to Suite (AE and above) for no extra fee.

We brought the kids into Teppanyaki and Impressions for dinner. We were only charged 1/2 price.

For "Dress Up or Not Night" and many other nights, they had formal portrait stations setup all around the atrium. No worries.

We love NCL because of Freestyle. Trying to get the kids ready for dinner at a specific time (or just the 2 of us for that matter) is nearly impossible. We love NCL!!!

My boys 6 and 8 love the kids crew. The bad part is we usually go in January and there are not too many kids in there. We just did a summer one and it was filled with kids wich made them love it more. We have only cruised NCL since we had kids because of the freestyle experience. I can't compare kids crews with other ships.

Yhey have portrait sessions set up a few nights on the ship and they are listed in the freestyle daily.

I am not a specialty restaurant person, but usually for dinner my kids like the buffet or room service and the go to kids crew and we have dinner in the dining room. It makes it a better experience for everyone. My boys HATE the dining room and sitting so long.

We are used to cruising with RCCL. Love the cruise line because our daughter (who will be 6) LOVES their kids programs.

We are considering booking an NCL cruise because my mom keeps raving about them (and the $$ is right for the time frame we are looking for).

I do have a few questions before we book our cruise. I was hoping ya'll would be able to help me?

1). How is the kids club? Does it seem to be a lot of kids in the Kids Club? We are planning on going a holiday week.

2). Do you have to pay to go to the Specialty Restaurants for Breakfast or Lunch?

3). Do you have to pay the upcharge fee to bring a child into a Specialty Restaurant?

4). Do they have the formal photo stations set up in the evenings?

Thanks in advance!

Most others have answered your questions and I'd like to make a suggestion on #4. They do have many photo stations setup by the atrium at night. Take all the photos you want and take them with several different backgrounds. BUT, just review each set of photos each night and save selecting your photos for purchase until the last day. If you purchase a photo on (for example) on Monday but see a nicer photo the next night, you cannot make an exchange; there's no return policy. Happy Cruisin'

1). How is the kids club? Does it seem to be a lot of kids in the Kids Club? We are planning on going a holiday week. It is great, as good or better than RCL's.

2). Do you have to pay to go to the Specialty Restaurants for Breakfast or Lunch? I believe they only serve dinner, unless you are in a suite or villa. Yes, you have to pay for specialty restaurants.

3). Do you have to pay the upcharge fee to bring a child into a Specialty Restaurant? It depends on the child's age, usually 1/2 price up to 11 or 12 years old.

4). Do they have the formal photo stations set up in the evenings? yes, they have several of them, just like with RCL.

Thanks in advance!

Have a great trip with wichever line you decide to sail !

Archived