Seeking photos of Carnival Spirit and tell me why you love her!

JMKreno

Hello everyone!!

I can barely stand waiting another 5 months for my cruise on the Carnival Spirit.

In order to kill the time, can people tell me their favorite parts of the ship? What makes this ship your favorite?

Also, I am looking for as many photos of the ship (inside and out). Also, I am looking for some extremely high res photos (1600x1200 2MP (2 megapixel) or higher) to use as desktop backgrounds! Everything I can find on the web is generally smaller than this.

PLease!! Share the wealth this board has and help me get to January! :eek::D

Thanks in advance!

JM,

I can appreciate your anticipation concerning your cruise on the Spirit..wife and I are on the 9-2-09 Glacier Bay cruise on this beautiful ship. This will be our 3rd on the Spirit.Two weeks from tomorrow we'll be onboard.....yessssss! My favorite parts of the ship are the jungle which is on deck 3 . It runs along the port and starboard bow outside of Pharoahs Lounge. Lots of small tables and booths with large portholes to enjoy the ocean. A great place to sit and have a drink or just relax. I've sat in there as long as 30 minutes w/o seeing another person. Another favorite is the gym. When I workout its cool to see the scenery moving along while I exercise. I just really enjoy the ENTIRE ship. It's always been well taken care of. Also ..if you're into the club scene..that can be enjoyable..depending on how many passengers are in your age group. The Spirit is also an easy ship to find your way around.....designed with a nice flow. Wife and are hoping to do another 8 day Mex Riv on the Spirit in Oct. or Nov. We usually book at last minute..just depends on price...we've got some great deals at last minute. Don't know if you've been to Zihuatenejo...we went last Nov. (1st time to Zihua) and fell in love with it! Been going to Mexico for 25 years and it just might be our favorite Mexican town. Last March we went on the Pride on 7 day Mex. Riviera and even though its a nice ship...we think the Spirit is much nicer! Sure hope you get all the info you need from CC members to get you thru the next few months until your cruise sets sail! Take care....Ralph

Thanks a bunch!

I am going with my wife and daughter (who will be just shy of 3) in January. We are in our late 20s, but we are not big partiers nor do we drink (just not fans of alcohol nor mind other people drinking). However, I enjoy knowing the ship is "alive". I just enjoy being on a ship on the water.

Any of those photos in a higher resolution (full desktop size)? They are wonderful photos!!

Thanks!

Thanks a bunch!

I am going with my wife and daughter (who will be just shy of 3) in January. We are in our late 20s, but we are not big partiers nor do we drink (just not fans of alcohol nor mind other people drinking). However, I enjoy knowing the ship is "alive". I just enjoy being on a ship on the water.

Any of those photos in a higher resolution (full desktop size)? They are wonderful photos!!

Thanks!

We were on the Spirit in March/April with a group of friends and spent lots of our time at the aft pool area. There are pics in my signature.

Hi There,

You want pictures? Try these two links from a friends 12 day Hawaiian cruise.

Feel free to share. http://good-times.webshots.com/album/550445028vDSOCg?vhost=good-times

Also, they can go to my Picasa albums...each day is in a separate album there. http://picasaweb.google.com/lnew1gd1

Hey Ann, that's funny. You and I posted at the same time! Now there will be lots of links to check out.

I have been on the Spirit 3 times and she is my absolute fave ship..I may even have to go on her for the 4th time next year, when she starts round trips to Alaska out of Seattle. Never had a desire for Alaska since I live in the Pacific Northwest, but may go, just to be on the ship. LOL!

I have been on the Spirit 3 times and she is my absolute fave ship..I may even have to go on her for the 4th time next year, when she starts round trips to Alaska out of Seattle. Never had a desire for Alaska since I live in the Pacific Northwest, but may go, just to be on the ship. LOL!

OMG, I have found myself lol. Same with me: been on Spirit 3x and we booked her for an AK B2B the end of Aug/beginning of Sept. ONLY because it is the Spirit. I am a beach cruiser and AK never was a "big thing" for me. But after reading SO MUCH about it and realizing Spirit does the AK itin we booked. UNFORTUNATELY we had to cancel both cruises :(:( but SOMEDAY I will go back on Spirit. OP, she is a beautiful and very easy ship to get around. My advice: read the book in your cabin about the designing and building of the ship. I did this on the lst morning of our 3rd cruise on her,then took a tour of all the public rooms and was amazed at how much I had overlooked the past 2 cruises. Gave me a new appreciation of the ship. Have a GREAT CRUISE :D;)

OMG, I have found myself lol. Same with me: been on Spirit 3x and we booked her for an AK B2B the end of Aug/beginning of Sept. ONLY because it is the Spirit. I am a beach cruiser and AK never was a "big thing" for me. But after reading SO MUCH about it and realizing Spirit does the AK itin we booked. UNFORTUNATELY we had to cancel both cruises :(:( but SOMEDAY I will go back on Spirit. OP, she is a beautiful and very easy ship to get around. My advice: read the book in your cabin about the designing and building of the ship. I did this on the lst morning of our 3rd cruise on her,then took a tour of all the public rooms and was amazed at how much I had overlooked the past 2 cruises. Gave me a new appreciation of the ship. Have a GREAT CRUISE :D;)

Well, thank you for this. We leave in a little over 3 weeks for our fifth cruise on the Spirit and I plan on taking your advice. I'm also posting this on our roll call.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived