Hilton day pass?

terryde

You keep amazing me on how much time and effort you put into promoting your Country. Still think you should be put on salary by your tourist bureau!! I doubt you know how much you help us all with your information. And the pics are WONDERFUL !!

Doug

My friends and I just got back from a cruise that stopped in Barbados. We took a taxi over to the Hilton ($5/pp each way). It cost $35pp which included a beach chair, umbrella, towel rental, and lunch and a drink (we got to pick ANYTHING off of the menu for lunch and ANYTHING off the menu for a drink). I think this is a great deal. I figured up what my lunch and drink would have cost me and it ended up being that using the Hilton's facilities only cost me $9!

The Hilton was great. We were there October 14th and the beach was pretty empty! We loved the pools as well.

As for calling ahead, I went ahead and called from my cell phone when we docked ($1.49/minute). In my book it is better to be safe than sorry. I would have been mad if we had paid for a taxi and got there and then been told we couldn't get a day pass.

we have stayed at both the hilton and the accra beach hotel. a day pass at the hilton is like staying at a hilton anywhere in the caribbean. on the other hand, spending the day at accra is being in barbados. here, you mingle with locals, grab a roti across the street at chefette, get a few drinks at the vans on the beach. when we stay at the hilton pre-cruise, we always spend at least one day at accra. however, the hilton is a gorgeous resort with 2 beaches and a great pool. so it all depends on which type of experience you are after.

steve

we have stayed at both the hilton and the accra beach hotel. a day pass at the hilton is like staying at a hilton anywhere in the caribbean. on the other hand, spending the day at accra is being in barbados. here, you mingle with locals, grab a roti across the street at chefette, get a few drinks at the vans on the beach. when we stay at the hilton pre-cruise, we always spend at least one day at accra. however, the hilton is a gorgeous resort with 2 beaches and a great pool. so it all depends on which type of experience you are after.

steve

Thaks Steve for the great review.

My friends and I just got back from a cruise that stopped in Barbados. We took a taxi over to the Hilton ($5/pp each way). It cost $35pp which included a beach chair, umbrella, towel rental, and lunch and a drink (we got to pick ANYTHING off of the menu for lunch and ANYTHING off the menu for a drink). I think this is a great deal. I figured up what my lunch and drink would have cost me and it ended up being that using the Hilton's facilities only cost me $9!

The Hilton was great. We were there October 14th and the beach was pretty empty! We loved the pools as well.

As for calling ahead, I went ahead and called from my cell phone when we docked ($1.49/minute). In my book it is better to be safe than sorry. I would have been mad if we had paid for a taxi and got there and then been told we couldn't get a day pass.

Thank you actresslp for the review I do believe you have me sold!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anyone gone to the Hilton for a day pass recently? What does it include?

The Hilton day pass is a great deal. My wife and I did it last year. Go for the $35/pp option. Great lunch with 1 drink ea. included. (Beer or Regular booze drink)

• 2 weeks later...

I e-mailed the Hilton to inquire about their day passes for our upcoming cruise. This is the response. The prices have gone up substantially.

We still offer day passes, which are sold at our Front Desk nevertheless they are not booked in advance, these passes are offered each day based on availability.

The cost of day passes as at present are as follows: (schedule time 9am to 6pm)

Adults US$70.00 with a meal; US$50.00 without the meal

That's a bit pricey unless it is more than a beach type meal.. but we have no other alterantives at this point for a place with a pool & a relaxing day! we are already thinking of staying on board on St Kitts so this is our hotel pool day!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the great information on the Hilton Day Pass. We will be there in February and are looking into spending the day there. Last year when we were in Barbados we had the taxi driver take us to a beach and we had a really negative experience with a few of the peddlars. He became very aggressive and then rude, so we are looking to avoid that experience again this year. Can anyone tell me if the Hilton allows peddlars on the beach. Also, has anyone been there recently and can confirm the cost of the pass and what it includes. Thanks for any help you can offer!!:p

We were at Accra last week, purchasing $25 day passes. We had a great time.

When we arrived around 11 AM, there were no free umbrellas or chairs on the beach, but staff set up additional ones for us.

Nice place to swim, and family went snorkeling there too. We ordered lunch from the hotel restaurant; wait staff came on the beach, took our orders, and brought the fod to our chairs.

A very relaxing day. We didn't use the pools, but they were impressive, one with a swim-up bar.

Harry

We went to the Accra by taxi. Going there, we hit Christmas Eve traffic leaving Bridgetown, and it took about 30 minutes. The return trip, traffic free, was about 20 minutes.

Alas, our driver overcharged us. He charged the 4 of us, $32 each way (he picked us up for return at the assigned time.)

However, I spied some other cruise passengers on the beach, and they paid $6 per person.

We bought the passes at the hotel. I called in advance to confirm that no reservations or pre-payment was needed. Meals weren't included, but cards were given to us to get towels, but we brought towels from the ship.

Harry

What number did you call?

We have tried to go to the Hilton on several port calls. Each time we have found the taxi drivers at the port very reluctant to take us. In fact, we became so frustrated, that we just gave up. Any suggestions on how to get a taxi to take us there? Should we leave the port area line and just hail a cab on the street?

• 4 weeks later...
I e-mailed the Hilton to inquire about their day passes for our upcoming cruise. This is the response. The prices have gone up substantially.

We still offer day passes, which are sold at our Front Desk nevertheless they are not booked in advance, these passes are offered each day based on availability.

The cost of day passes as at present are as follows: (schedule time 9am to 6pm)

Adults US$70.00 with a meal; US$50.00 without the meal

I contacted the Hilton today and the prices they quoted you are in barbados dollars. In US dollars, it equates to $35 and $25 respectively. Just a FYI.:)

A few weeks ago,we purchased Hilton day passess for $50.00US each via this web site:

http://barbadosdaypass.com/#/hilton-barbados/4542735711

The beach was quiet and lovely with no peddlers. We had very quick service from the wait staff. The included drink was very nice (potent :rolleyes:) and the lunch was very good for beach/pool food. My wife and I both had the flying fish sandwich w/fries and our friends had the fish tacos w/salad. The menu at Water's Edge is rather extensive for a poolside operation. The bathrooms were immaculate (very important for us) and the grounds were spotless. We thought it was well worth the money spent. A nice quiet day at the beach.

We went to the Hilton last week. It cost $75 for a day pass for two of us and included chairs, umbrellas and lunch. Anything on the menu was about $34 so it was a good deal. Beautiful and clean hotel and beach. The taxi driver dropped us off near the beach and then we went into the hotel and got the passes. We did not make advance plans. In fact, when I called the hotel from the states, they told me they didn't do day passes anymore.

Archived