cave tubing - waterproof bag?

laurab123

hey everyone : ) At your recommendations we're going next week from our valor cruise. I still have a couple questions:

1) they say pay after, how do you carry the cash while tubing or do you really trust leaving your wallet in the bus??

2) what else do you bring when tubing ? I hate to leave my passport, etc. in the bus, usually want it on me.

Let me know if possible! We leave tomorrow! I will review once back but I can say this: I asked a lot of questions and I too was impressed with how quickly they responded via email. They say their internet can be a challenge, but there was never an issue for me. WIthin a few hours I'd have a reply or worse case that night. Thanks in advance!

If you Google "waterproof ID", you will see that there are a lot of options available, from a simple pouch for your ID and some cash, to slightly larger cases that you can fit your whole wallet into. You could also investigate a small size "dry bag" - what canoe and kayak folks use to keep their supplies dry. Most of these items can be found at outdoor stores like REI or other stores that sell camping supplies.

We did not do the cave tubing, but we encountered a downpour during our river excursion in Belize, and at that point it occurred to me that I should have packed a dry bag (which we have for camping) or some other kind of waterproof bag to at least keep our camera dry (and maybe keep some spare dry clothes). It then came to me that we had also done the Stingray excursion in Cayman and snorkelling in Roatan, also "water excursions" of sorts, so we could have used a dry bag then too, to be on the safe side. Fundamentally, if you're doing something that involves carrying something around, and getting in & out of boats or riding on a river, it makes sense to carry your stuff in something waterproof if you don't want it to get wet.

Archived