Princess Denali Lodge Shuttle to Park

ShawninFL

I have a question regarding transportation to and from Denali National Park from the Princess Denali Lodge. Has anyone been there recently that can tell me the hours of operation for this shuttle? The website says 7AM - 7PM, but I remember reading elsewhere that they many times go beyond these hours. We will be there in September and our tour doesn't get back until about 9 PM. Is there any other way back to the Lodge if the shuttle is not running? Are there taxis there?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

They haven't run shuttles that late in the past. Call them directly, Tel (907) 683-2282.

There hasn't been taxi service, but again, inquire directly if a new taxi business has started.

BQ,

I really don't understand this. People look to you for accurate information because you are even named in Fodors, so why do you insist on posting that there is no cab service and "hasn't been" in Denali when there is, has been for years and God willing will continue to be for many years to come. It is not NYC and there are not 100+ cabs sitting waiting for fares, but there is a taxi service. The name, as I have posted before, is Caribou Cab. Their number is 1-907-683-5000. This is not a great option because if their cab(s) are on a run to Fairbanks, you could be waiting, but to continue to post that there is no cab service at all is just not accurate. It is hard enough for some of these small businesses to make it in this market without someone (who should know better) continue to post that this business does not exist.

For a person in GG without transportation that wants to pay the price for a cab to take them to the park, they would be advised to call Caribou as soon as they can to see if they have availability to accommodate the caller.

Janice

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question regarding transportation to and from Denali National Park from the Princess Denali Lodge. Has anyone been there recently that can tell me the hours of operation for this shuttle? The website says 7AM - 7PM, but I remember reading elsewhere that they many times go beyond these hours. We will be there in September and our tour doesn't get back until about 9 PM. Is there any other way back to the Lodge if the shuttle is not running? Are there taxis there?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

If you're doing the Tundra Wilderness Tour or the Natural History Tour (not recommended), and are staying at Princess Lodge, you may be covered. For us the bus picked up up at the lodge, drove directly into the park, exited the park after the tour and dropped us off at the Princess Lodge. If you're doing the green bus shuttle, you would have to use the periodic shuttle from the lodge to the wilderness access center (WAC).

The name, as I have posted before, is Caribou Cab. Their number is 1-907-683-5000. This is not a great option because if their cab(s) are on a run to Fairbanks, you could be waiting, but to continue to post that there is no cab service at all is just not accurate. It is hard enough for some of these small businesses to make it in this market without someone (who should know better) continue to post that this business does not exist.

Obviously old habits die hard. I doubt it is an intentional mistake. Kind of like 'definately' or 'clairfication' constantly being misspelled by so many people :)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

There are no taxis at the park entrance although Caribou Cab is located up the road in Healy. It takes them about 20 minutes to reach the park entrance and they do pick ups that late. It's about 25 bucks from where the bus drops you off to the hotel, if there are cabs available. Call the hotel, I'm sure this isn't the first time this question has been asked and they may provide a late shuttle for free.

Archived