Half Moon Cay

herb

Herb- We have been there twice- first with Carnival, then with HAL. It is a wonderful beach day island with all kinds of amenities.

We find the swimming very nice there- sandy bottom, clear water, etc. We took an excursion there with Carnival- the Eco-Lagoon tour which is interesting. All kinds of tours and water sports available.

Have also been to most of the other private cruise islands in the Bahamas and find Half Moon Cay to be the best for swimming. Enjoy.

Herb- We have been there twice- first with Carnival, then with HAL. It is a wonderful beach day island with all kinds of amenities.

We find the swimming very nice there- sandy bottom, clear water, etc. We took an excursion there with Carnival- the Eco-Lagoon tour which is interesting. All kinds of tours and water sports available.

Have also been to most of the other private cruise islands in the Bahamas and find Half Moon Cay to be the best for swimming. Enjoy.

thank you so much for the positive feedback. :D We've been to Great Stirrup Cay, CocoCay as well as Labadee... first time for Half Moon Cay and looking forward to it ... that is, if we end up booking cruise we're interested in :cool:

Check out the Private Islands board. Tons of reviews and topics.

Just trying to help.

after I posted on Bahamas board I actually took the time to see what islands were listed and didn't realize there was actually a "Private Islands" board.... live and learn :D

• 2 weeks later...
We've been to Half Moon Cay, Great Stirrup Cay, and CocoCay. In my opinion, Half Moon Cay is the most beautiful beach - just one long long beach, blue water ... quite surf. Paradise.

Carnival is not my favorite cruise line BUT Half moon Cay is my favorite private beach. PARADISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe it is one of the most beautiful islands you will ever lay your eyes on. My family and I are the biggest fans. The island is a tropical paradise and is our favorite cruise stop. You will not be disappointed. Rent a cabana and bring alot of sunscreen.

zko2oo.jpg

The beach sand is white and has the consistency of powdered sugar. The ocean is turquoise and looks like you are in a swimming pool. If you venture off on the nature trails you will see some amazing tropical foliage. You will also see and hear peculiar tropical birds, packs of wild black-feathered chickens, and many small lizards.

"I wish I could stay here forever" is the official motto. Have fun! :)

Archived