Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

It's 13 days till we sail on the Eurodam now, and I keep checking the HAL site every few hours hoping for a cabin number.

Anyone else got HAL cruises coming up in the next couple of weeks, also waiting?

We have a VH guar - would love to end up with a plexiglass railing, but we only have one sea day, so I guess it doesn't matter too much :)

Hi debsjc, I am on the cruise following yours, also in a VF guarantee, so I am anxiously awaiting your cabin assignment as well, thinking mine may follow about 10 days after :D.

And even though I know it is too early :o, I still fanatically check the site at least twice a day, just in case...

Good luck on your assignment!

I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting. We sail on the Westerdam on Sept. 6th and keep checking to see if my guarantee SS now has a cabin number. Nothing yet. I've read that HAL often posts after closing time. I'll be checking in about 1hour and 10 minutes. Good luck with your cabin. Please let us know when you find out.

Remember, that many report, the closer it gets too sail away the better chance for an upgrade. Hope you all get one.;)

Thanks for the encouraging words.

This is my first guarantee booking and it is driving me crazier than I already am! Actually the suspense is rather fun.

Sept 4 on Rotterdam and all I have is FF category (at least I know I have a window for sure as that is all I hate about the inside cabins - don't care about big or small or balcony, I just want daylight). I nearly wonder if I am getting a cabin at all!!!!!!!!! Has anyone turned up at the port with a guaranteed booking and got nothing but total chaos!!!!!!!

Rassa

Seems like there is a few of us waiting for cabins on 4/6 Sep sailings then - Good luck to everyone

quack2 - congratulations on your upgrade

tytan - I believe the most usual time is 7-14 days before sailing

We agree! First time booking a guarantee and we are getting excited! Our sailing on the Oosterdam isn't until 9/23, so I guess we will have to get in line behind all of us waiters. Just think we thought we would already have one assigned by now.:eek:

I got a wild hair and emailed my TA, telling her that other people on our cruise were getting a better offer than we had. She called HAL who swore that they sent the same offer to everyone who had received the earlier offer ($299 pp to upgrade from a guaranteed VH to a guaranteed SS, SY, or SZ). We had turned that down because we didn't want the SS, under the Lido deck. Long story short, we got an assigned SY cabin for $199 pp! Now I can relax and figure out what to pack!

Good luck all!

Saw this thread and thought I should check our booking again - we sail on September 6th. We booked one specific cabin and one guarantee - the guarantee has been assigned today - just one grade higher than we paid for, but that's fine as the two cabins are very close together and we did get a very good deal for the whole package! I have reprinted the boarding passes which now show the cabin number. Getting even more excited now!

I called HA, and they told me that assignments aren't made until a week or less before sailing.
They can come anywhere from 21 to 0 days before sailing. The peak time seems to be around 14 to 10. It will show up on your Online CheckIn page - the GUAR will change to a number. Check in the evening, as they seem to be posted around 5:00p Pacific time.

Archived