Fins & Flippers NO MORE!!!

pjtulsa

When checking the Fins & Flippers website you are now redirected to a new web site with a new name!!! http://www.mayakeyroatan.com/en/index.html

The big change is the new price = $50 per person :eek:

I have been trying to confirm my reservation for weeks with no reply and now I understand why. They didn't want my group of 14 at $20 pp when they knew they were raising the price. We will now look for something else to do while in Roatan. I have used Victor 2 times before and the driver was great so that is a great 2nd choice... I just really wanted to try Fins & Flippers but $50 is just too much. :(

NEW Name, NEW Website, NEW Price....

It makes me wonder how long it will be before its a NEW Carnival Excursion?

I agree that they will loose business and from what I have read on these boards it was never very busy to begin with...

I've only been there twice and both times it was virtually empty. Which is why I love it!

However.....I will not pay $50pp just to plop my big rear in a lounger at the pool.

I think they've raised the price because you now have access to the animal rescue, Mayan exhibit, etc.

I just want a pool on the beach.

I was going to book this for our trip in November, but am now rethinking it. An excursion that was once $80 will now be $200, plus drinks and food. If it was all-inclusive, maybe, but just what is included? I don't know....

We had a confirmed reservation at the old price and sent an e-mail to see if it was still good - haven't heard back. If it's $50.00 apiece we'll make other plans. We didn't even want to pay that much for an all-inclusive in Mexico, so we're sure not going to pay that much if food isn't included.

They're making a big mistake. They're going to lose a lot of business.

Huge mistake and quite arrogant of them IMHO. What do you get for all that extra $$$? Nothing!

I'll take my business elsewhere. Too bad, it was looking really good for my party of 4, and there were at least 8-10 others on my roll call who WERE going before this greedy price increase.

I cancelled my reservation for fins and flippers, we had scheduled for January 2010. I got an e-mail confirmation that did indicate the price "would not be $20" but I thought maybe a $5 to $10 increase which I would have paid but I will not pay more than double. (from $20 to $50 what are they thinking?) Is there another resort that welcomes people off of the cruise ships? We just want a safe place to hang out by the pool, order cocktails and enjoy the beach.

I just received an email from a local who said the day pass at Mayan Princess was $10pp.

Just be aware that MP limits the number of day passes and you do have to pay for the taxi. Come November, Carnival pax will be about 3 miles further up the road from Coxen Hole and thus it'll also be a cab ride to old Fin and Flippers no more short walks.

So sad to see the change at F&F. Oh, well another reason to just head to West End Village and have a nice lunch at Mavis and Dixie's or other spots.

I had planned our family excursion of 6 people to Fins and Flippers in Jan. I didn't get around to making a reservation. $50 a person is way too much for something like that. We'll consider just staying on the ship. I will have to look into Mayan Princess.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to find a price to sell it through the cruise lines next year. I could see some people (not me) paying $50 a head directly through RCCL or Carnival for a "Private island" excursion. The cruise lines don't allow operators to undercut excursion prices online. Keep you eyes peeled on the excursion lists for next year!

Just be aware that MP limits the number of day passes and you do have to pay for the taxi. Come November, Carnival pax will be about 3 miles further up the road from Coxen Hole and thus it'll also be a cab ride to old Fin and Flippers no more short walks.

So sad to see the change at F&F. Oh, well another reason to just head to West End Village and have a nice lunch at Mavis and Dixie's or other spots.

I didn't know about the limit on day passes. So I could end up paying for the ride there, only to find the limit has been met. Bummer.

I emailed RonY and he quoted a price of $70 for two to take us to MP. Plus we'd have to pay for the day pass. And MP is not AI (as far as I know).

Sounding to me like going to MP will be a little expensive.

I didn't know about the limit on day passes. So I could end up paying for the ride there, only to find the limit has been met. Bummer.

I emailed RonY and he quoted a price of $70 for two to take us to MP. Plus we'd have to pay for the day pass. And MP is not AI (as far as I know).

Sounding to me like going to MP will be a little expensive.

Hey Mona, :)

Taxi is $20 each way. There are several other spots close by like Infinity Resort which you can use their beach for free but no lounge chairs or pool :(

Remember to bring the bug spray... I was just about eaten alive in Oct but had no problems this past June when I did use bug wipes... You can see the little sand flees jumping all over the sand.

We are looking at a taxi for our group. Victor also offers a run to the beach for $20 pp which for 2 would be the same and you would be assured the driver will be there for you.

The price increase is due to all our new additions that we have made to our facility. Included in the price is the beach/pool, snorkeling, bar/grill, use of lounge chairs, and picnic area, restrooms and outdoor showers, we have included 9 more acres to the facility which is a 66% increase, a tour of the replica of the Maya Ruins, Interpretation center, Maya art now and then center, and a wildlife rescue center.

Yes it's a increase in price but it is still a good value for what you are getting. And everyone has really enjoyed the facility when they have visited.

I am sorry to hear that you are going to cancel, and hope that you would reconsider your visit to Maya Key/Fins n Flippers, we really do have a wonderful facility that is just across the harbor from the cruise ship pier.

Please let me know if you have any questions that I could answer for you.

Cindy Carter

Maya Key/Fins n Flippers

Manager

I guess it would be a good value if I were interested in walking around the place looking at all they have.

But $50 is still too much just to sit in a lounger.

And, you still have to pay for food/drinks.

Not a good value at all in my book.

Where do you get a taxi to Mayan Princess for $20 each way?

From what I understand that on this island all taxis are tours on ship in port days. Anyone can be a tour taxi-if the car moves it will be there to give you a tour.

I understand the only way to see this island is with a tour.

No busses, no way to walk around town or to a beach.

This island cost money to enjoy!!!!!! And as you see F& F is now going to join the group and make money from us.

If you can find an inexpensive way to get to the beach besides Boden at $20 PP, please let me know. $20 is not bad if it is 2 of you but with a large group it can be a huge amount for a ride to the beach. When you get to the beach remember most places cost you to use the bathroom, chair or showers. It might only cost you a drink($5 each) but it all adds up for one day of the beach.

This is the only port that you must use a tour group to enjoy your day.

I would love to hear what others are doing in Roaton and what it cost.

Enjoy

Archived