Is Select Dining currently available?

lysolqn

TA tried to confirm Select Dining for us on an upcoming Constellation cruise and was told Celebrity's "flex" dining option is limited to two seatings (6PM and 8:30PM, just as main and late seating) and is flexible only insofar as you don't have to sit at the same table or have the same waitstaff each night of your cruise. This sounds absolutely absurd to me as it offers no flexibility at all over traditional dining. It was my understanding that Select Dining allowed pax to dine any time between 6PM and 8:30PM, but required that reservations be made in advance rather than just showing up at the door and expecting to be seated.

Has anyone actually experienced Select Dining on Celebrity yet? If so, how does it work and how did you get confirmed for that option?

Thanks.

Thanks for your replies.

I just spoke with Celebrity Dining Department and Select Dining (or whatever they decide to call it) has not yet been introduced. I was told it's scheduled to be tested on Equinox beginning next month and things will or won't proceed from there. I guess the rep with whom my TA spoke earlier today decided it was far better for her to make up an utterly ridiculous answer and pass along wrong information than to simply say, "I'm sorry; I don't know."

Thanks for your replies.

I just spoke with Celebrity Dining Department and Select Dining (or whatever they decide to call it) has not yet been introduced. I was told it's scheduled to be tested on Equinox beginning next month and things will or won't proceed from there. I guess the rep with whom my TA spoke earlier today decided it was far better for her to make up an utterly ridiculous answer and pass along wrong information than to simply say, "I'm sorry; I don't know."

That is why you dont deal with the TA's and just go to the people at Celebrity.

Archived