Splenda and Non Dairy Creamer

missapril82

I know this is probably a stupid question but I searched the forums and didn't find an answer.

We are cruising on Carnival Ecstasy coming up soon and I was wondering if they have Splenda (or yellow packets) and non dairy creamer available. Flavored creamer isn't necessary as long as it's non dairy.

Do they have these available or should I bring my own? I'm not a big soda drinker so I'd like to be able to enjoy tea and coffee while cruising.

:) TIA!!

We prefer splenda and my wife needs her non dairy creamer (she's lactose intolerant and coffee needy).

Been on 5 cruises - the last on Carnival (Valor) last year. On Valor and our last RCL cruise, splenda appeared - sweet and low had always been there and still was - in the sweetener "bins."

I think Splenda is starting to become the low cal sweetener standard.

As for non-dairy, we always fill out a diet restriction form prior to cruise and we're usually told "they have non-dairy creamer" on board, just ask. Well, in the buffet, this is a PITA obviously and doesn't work. We usually tell our waiter on day one and the maitre di or head waiter usually come to my wife to make arrangements (menu the night before, etc.) and she tells them that if they have non-dairy creamer, they'll make her day.

2 cruises (not Valor), RCCL found it and it appeared at our table every night for coffee (you're facing different issues if you go the MDR at breakfast or lunch because your waiter won't be there and you have to start the whole explanation over and they have to FIND IT if they have it.

Our solution has since been to try to ask/make arrangements and my wife keeps about a dozen packets in whatever bag she's carrying. She puts a dozen in our poolside bag, in my camera bag and in her purse. So, if the wait staff doesn't find it, she'll have it. Almost every cruise, if the MDR didn't have their own, our waiter would take whatever we had and store it for us - and bring it with her coffee every night.

Hope this helps.

I've discovered Truvia, which is a no-calorie natural sweetener...It's from the Stevia leaf, which is naturally sweet. I will be taking some of those packs with me.

My MIL gave me Truvia this past weekend. It seemed to have an after taste. I was hoping I liked it :(.

Archived