Horseback riding question

doxdogy

We wore an old pair of sneakers. There were some people in sandels. The guides didn't make a big thing about it and said they just prefered closed toe shoes. It also says long pants but I had capri's as did several others. Some were in shorts and they could throw a towel over the horse if they thought it would help with their legs rubbing the horse.

I know in some islands in the caribbean the horses are not being taken care of as well... My wife works with horses and it would kill her if they were not in great health... How did they horses look to you guys where you were in HMC?

They looked well cared for and fed. There was a foal who so wanted to be part of the working pack. the horses were tacked and the riders got onone by one and walked in a ring while the rest of the group got saddled up and ready to go. The foal kept going up to the mounting block to get a rider. The foal joined the group (riderless of course) and walked along the beach and the trail with the rest of the horses.

Archived