taking a hal 66 day cruise

Warren1

Can i bring booze on board

Also not quite sure how to use this yet.

Yes you can bring booze on board. BTW, welcome to CC:) If you read some of the other threads, such as Where to buy Alchol in San Diego (I think that is the thread topic) .... or wait a couple minutes and someone who buys and brings booze aboard will tell you the whys, hows and wherefores of it.

You will learn fast how to use the boards

Can i bring booze on board

Yes you can bring booze on board.

You can only bring wine and champagne on board, no alcohol is allowed.

sk8teacher is correct, wine and champagne are allowed; beer and hard liquor are not. You may also bring as much water and soda as your weighted down arms can carry.

You can only bring wine and champagne on board, no alcohol is allowed.

Cheers,

Since when were wine and champagne not considered alcohol? (I'm guessing that they include sparkling wine here also since not too many people actually buy, or can afford, Champagne).

Valerie:D

sk8teacher is correct, wine and champagne are allowed; beer and hard liquor are not. You may also bring as much water and soda as your weighted down arms can carry.

Sorry, I answered the question directly where the OP asked if they could bring "booze" on board:rolleyes:

Forgive me for stating yes, All I know is what I have been reading in other threads and to me, whether it is wine, champagne or any other alcoholic drink it is still booze.

Semantics? Yes. Sarcasm? No Just answering the OP's question is a straightforward manner.

Sorry, I answered the question directly where the OP asked if they could bring "booze" on board:rolleyes:

Forgive me for stating yes, All I know is what I have been reading in other threads and to me, whether it is wine, champagne or any other alcoholic drink it is still booze.

Semantics? Yes. Sarcasm? No Just answering the OP's question is a straightforward manner.

No need to apologise for your answer, and you are quite correct in that wine, Champagne (or sparkling wine) are indeed alcohol and are allowed. Hard liquor and beer are not. They are all alcohol (i.e. Booze) and how HAL justifies the distinction is beyond me.

I doubt that I will be trying to smuggle any hard liquor onboard ship for my upcoming cruise (although Scotch is my drink of choice) since I have to fly to and from port so I will try to find somewhere close to point of embarkation to find some wine, which will be acceptable.:confused:

No need to apologise for your answer, and you are quite correct in that wine, Champagne (or sparkling wine) are indeed alcohol and are allowed. Hard liquor and beer are not. They are all alcohol (i.e. Booze) and how HAL justifies the distinction is beyond me.

I doubt that I will be trying to smuggle any hard liquor onboard ship for my upcoming cruise (although Scotch is my drink of choice) since I have to fly to and from port so I will try to find somewhere close to point of embarkation to find some wine, which will be acceptable.:confused:

Thank you Valerie!!! I felt like I was under attack for just posting a yes to a straightforward question.:confused: Guess I should be a bit more careful in my wording as some seem to take affront:confused: This has happened twice today.

But again, Thank you. Your response has made me feel better:)

You need to be careful to be complete about answers. It's easy to mislead without intending to.

I didn't see anything wrong with IRL-Joanie's post whatsoever. She is quite right in saying that sooner rather than later someone is going to answer the OP and chime in with how to bring/smuggle booze aboard ship. Heaven know that there have been several threads just this year alone on how to do it.

I would do it myself but this cruise involves flying to and from the port and I haven't yet figured out how I can accomplish this feat. I'm on a 63 day cruise and certainly could only "smuggle" enough onboard for two weeks or so then would have to buy from HAL and that's okay with me. The hard liquor is not exorbitantly priced but the wine? - OMG. I will be buying and bringing onboard some great wines from Australia and New Zealand once we get there and will be enjoying them with friends in my or their cabin.

Valerie:)

Thank you Valerie!!! I felt like I was under attack for just posting a yes to a straightforward question.:confused: Guess I should be a bit more careful in my wording as some seem to take affront:confused: This has happened twice today.

But again, Thank you. Your response has made me feel better:)

Hi Joanie, and I'm so happy that you feel better. I see that you are fairly new to the boards so: words of wisdom from an old broad who has been around the boards for a while: don't let "the you know whats "get you down.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some feel more entitled than others. There are times when I post on a thread, log on the next morning praying "oh please don't let someone have flamed me". You develop a thick skin after a while and think "oh, up yours".

Continue to post - you have a right and you have insight to share that someone else may not have.

Best wishes,

I didn't see anything wrong with IRL-Joanie's post whatsoever.

Her answer was:

Yes you can bring booze on board.

Now, all wine may be "booze" (I've never heard wine referred to that way), but not all "booze" is wine. HAL differentiates. Her answer could have led someone to believe that such "booze" as rum, scotch, gin, etc. is allowed by HAL. It is not.

It would be a shame to mislead someone who is relying on what they read here. Her answer could easily have been misconstrued.

Her answer was:

[/color][/font][/color][/font]

Now, all wine may be "booze" (I've never heard wine referred to that way), but not all "booze" is wine. HAL differentiates. Her answer could have led someone to believe that such "booze" as rum, scotch, gin, etc. is allowed by HAL. It is not.

It would be a shame to mislead someone who is relying on what they read here. Her answer could easily have been misconstrued.

Okay: according to The American College Dictionary booze is defined as "alcoholic liquor"; Standard College Dictionary defines booze as "alcoholic drink"; and Funk & Wagnalls' also defines booze as "alcoholic drink".

Are you seeing a pattern here: "booze" = "alcohol"? Wine and Champagne (actually most often sparkling wine) do indeed contain quite a bit of alcohol. Still don't understand HAL's differentiating between wine-beer-hard liquor - maybe they dom't know that wines actually do contain alcohol, after all Holland is not exactly know as the wine capital of the world.:D If wine, being an alcoholic beverage, is allowed then why isn't Scotch, for example?

Maybe you have never heard wine referred to as booze so you must be an oenephile, and I have friends who are - me, I'm just someone who like wines (maybe a wino but no oenophile), but am no expert and am happy to refer to it as one of my boozes or drinks of choice.

Hi Joanie, and I'm so happy that you feel better. I see that you are fairly new to the boards so: words of wisdom from an old broad who has been around the boards for a while: don't let "the you know whats "get you down.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some feel more entitled than others. There are times when I post on a thread, log on the next morning praying "oh please don't let someone have flamed me". You develop a thick skin after a while and think "oh, up yours".

Continue to post - you have a right and you have insight to share that someone else may not have.

Best wishes,

Many thanks again Valerie!!! And, though I am not a oenophile or any type of Booze aficionado. I would dearly love to be able to enjoy a nice drink once in a while. But, unfortunately, with my sensitivity to alcohol, I cannot:( I do not consider someone who is a true oenophile to be an alcoholic!! So enjoy Valerie!!! BTW, I do have thick skin, and a Thick head, obviously or I'd not keep posting... Or it could just be plain stupidity:D

Excellent, clear, and concise summation of HAL's policy.

Anyone wanting to see for themselves can easily look on HAL's website:

Bringing Alcoholic Beverages Onboard

Except for wine and champagne, alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel's shops or otherwise brought on the ship cannot be consumed on the ship. Bottles and other containers will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the voyage.

Okay: according to The American College Dictionary booze is defined as "alcoholic liquor"; Standard College Dictionary defines booze as "alcoholic drink"; and Funk & Wagnalls' also defines booze as "alcoholic drink".

Are you seeing a pattern here: "booze" = "alcohol"? Wine and Champagne (actually most often sparkling wine) do indeed contain quite a bit of alcohol. Still don't understand HAL's differentiating between wine-beer-hard liquor - maybe they dom't know that wines actually do contain alcohol, after all Holland is not exactly know as the wine capital of the world.:D If wine, being an alcoholic beverage, is allowed then why isn't Scotch, for example?

Maybe you have never heard wine referred to as booze so you must be an oenephile, and I have friends who are - me, I'm just someone who like wines (maybe a wino but no oenophile), but am no expert and am happy to refer to it as one of my boozes or drinks of choice.

Hey, Val - I'm a wino....CAN I come with you next month??????????:) Annie!

"A foolish man tells a woman to stop talking, but a wise man tells her that her mouth is extremely beautiful when her lips are closed."

Oenophilia, originally from Greek, is the love (philia) of wine (oinos). An oenophile is a lover of wine. In the strictest sense, oenophilia describes a disciplined devotion to wine, accompanying strict traditions of consumption and appreciation. In a general sense however, oenophilia simply refers to the enjoyment of wine, often by laymen or those having failed to smuggle booze onboard dam ships.

Oenophiles are also known as wine aficionados or connoisseurs. They are people who appreciate or collect wine, particularly grape wines and Thunderbird from certain regions, varietal types, or methods of manufacture. While most oenophiles are hobbyists, some may also be professionals like vinters, wine merchants, or one who tastes and grades wines for a living.

IRL-Joannie; no biggie;) Keep on posting!:)

Greetings, I posted same thing months ago prior to first longer HAL cruise. Guy who does graphic did pix with a crane. So my BF bought this cool chrome plated hand cart on line at Sears ($30,as I recall),brought on 2 cases. GRAPHICS GUY, would love to see that crane pix again. Tried to find it unsuccessfully .Wonderful wine selection at Total Wine in FtL if departing from there. Preorder on web, it will be ready & packed to go.

"A foolish man tells a woman to stop talking, but a wise man tells her that her mouth is extremely beautiful when her lips are closed."

Joanie's LIPS are shutting down!!:eek:

IRL-Joannie; no biggie;) Keep on posting!:)

Thank you Copper10-8, I really needed this!!:)

Hey, Val - I'm a wino....CAN I come with you next month??????????:) Annie!

Of course you can Anne. Hey, how about we get together in Karen's suite and chugalug? Karen can drink her non-alcohol beer and watch us make total fools of ourselves.

Archived