MSC Divina "Flipped" Inside Cabins

NellieVA

I see that the Divina has several "flipped" Inside cabins, which run 90 degrees from the majority of inside cabins. These cabins are:

I was wondering if anyone has experience with these cabins and, most importantly, pictures. We're trying to figure out if the layout has more space or other advantages. Thanks!

I see that the Divina has several "flipped" Inside cabins, which run 90 degrees from the majority of inside cabins. These cabins are:

I was wondering if anyone has experience with these cabins and, most importantly, pictures. We're trying to figure out if the layout has more space or other advantages. Thanks!

I was in 9086 and i would not go in this cabin again if it was free. They are 169 sq ft with 2 beds coming out from the walls but the worst part is the noise from the elevator shaft and you are right next to there work area that on the last night with the luggage collection you will not sleep until 3am because of LOTS of noise.

I was in 9086 and i would not go in this cabin again if it was free. They are 169 sq ft with 2 beds coming out from the walls but the worst part is the noise from the elevator shaft and you are right next to there work area that on the last night with the luggage collection you will not sleep until 3am because of LOTS of noise.

Oh no..I'm in 9083. Do you think they will let me switch if noise is an issue?

We have a guaranteed inside cabin and im scared as all heck that we'll get one of the "bunk bed" rooms

We had an gty inside booked but took advantage of the 4th of July sale to upgrade. For about $200 total we upgraded to a gty balcony and was assigned 10218, one of the largest balconies on the Divina. I figured if I got on board and was stuck in a lousy inside (not ALL insides are lousy, mind you!) I would be kicking myself for not spending the $200 more to get a balcony.

There is a 3-day balcony sale on right now but I don't know if your sail date is included. I recommend you keep an eye on the website for a sale or call and see what it would cost you to upgrade to a gty balcony. It might be cheaper than you think.

Hoping you have a fantastic cruise no matter where you lay your head at night! :)

Trish

We had an gty inside booked but took advantage of the 4th of July sale to upgrade. For about $200 total we upgraded to a gty balcony and was assigned 10218, one of the largest balconies on the Divina. I figured if I got on board and was stuck in a lousy inside (not ALL insides are lousy, mind you!) I would be kicking myself for not spending the $200 more to get a balcony.

There is a 3-day balcony sale on right now but I don't know if your sail date is included. I recommend you keep an eye on the website for a sale or call and see what it would cost you to upgrade to a gty balcony. It might be cheaper than you think.

Hoping you have a fantastic cruise no matter where you lay your head at night! :)

Trish

Well thats smart! I didnt think you could take advantage of sales after you booked - Thanks for the tips!

I really wouldnt mind a regular interior cabin, but just my luck id get those bunk beds lol. My TA didnt give us an option when we booked, so I'll see what I can do :)

What is wrong with the bunk bed cabins? Is it just that the room will feel more cramped? Would the square footage be the same as a regular inside without bunks?

Yes it would. The bunk beds are recessed in the roof and the only way you know your cabin has them is if you look up at the ceiling and see two bed shape trapdoors. Absolutely no reduction in space whatsoever.

Ive slept in quad rooms before which didnt bother me because we had four people.

Pacificpearl%20quad%20cabin_jpg.jpg

Im more concerned about the "upper/lower" double beds - not sure my boyfriend would be too happy about that lol.

interior-upper-lower-stateroom-picture.jpg

Although Ive been trying to looks up interior cabins for the msc divina and I dont think they have a layout like that, which would be a relief!

Edited by Steftacular
picture link didnt work

Yes it would. The bunk beds are recessed in the roof and the only way you know your cabin has them is if you look up at the ceiling and see two bed shape trapdoors. Absolutely no reduction in space whatsoever.

On the inside rooms the 2 beds come from the sides not the ceiling and all the rooms are 169 sq ft. The other inside rooms are 138 sq ft and 167 sq ft.

What is wrong with the bunk bed cabins? Is it just that the room will feel more cramped? Would the square footage be the same as a regular inside without bunks?

No they are not the same size, they are 138 & 167 sq ft.

Phew..at least it's 169sq feet. Where are the 138 sq feet rooms located? Seems a little small.

They are all over because the majority are 138 sq ft. Look it up on you tube, there is one of 167 and one on 138 and you can see the difference.

Ive slept in quad rooms before which didnt bother me because we had four people.

Pacificpearl%20quad%20cabin_jpg.jpg

Im more concerned about the "upper/lower" double beds - not sure my boyfriend would be too happy about that lol.

interior-upper-lower-stateroom-picture.jpg

Although Ive been trying to looks up interior cabins for the msc divina and I dont think they have a layout like that, which would be a relief!

That is not a divina picture , your picture below is.

On the inside rooms the 2 beds come from the sides not the ceiling and all the rooms are 169 sq ft. The other inside rooms are 138 sq ft and 167 sq ft.

I hate to disagree with you but I was in 13006 for three weeks straight and the third and four bunks were in the roof not on the sides. I looked up at them every time I was in bed.

I hate to disagree with you but I was in 13006 for three weeks straight and the third and four bunks were in the roof not on the sides. I looked up at them every time I was in bed.

I guess that they have 2 different designs then because 9086 has the bunk beds coming from the walls like the picture above. Like post # 13.

Edited by riclop

If you have a GTY cabin and don't like location when is is assigned, and you call MSC, will they let you switch to another cabin in same category?

I like the cabins most people don't- furthest from elevator.

I called MSC asking the same thing - it just depends when they assign you a room. Per MSC they dont know when they give out cabin assignments... it could be a few weeks before hand or you may not know until you check in at the port. If you get an assignment prior to check in then you can call and see if they can move you around. They told me to call back once Im within the 30days prior to sail and check with them again. Not sure what would happen if you get handed your room at port and dont like it. Providing the ship isnt sold out I would think it might be like a hotel and they may be able to move you? or you might be out of luck! c'est la vie!

What they might do and what they have to do are two different things. They have to give you a room in the category you booked.

If you wouldn't be happy with any room in that category, don't book guarantee. If things like distance to the elevator and position in relation to noisy venues might lessen your overall enjoyment of the cruise, don't book a guarantee. If you are prone to seasickness and need to avoid a particular area, don't book a guarantee.

You can always ask to be moved (no harm in trying!), but you can't assume that you will be able to be reassigned or that the other rooms still available would match your preferences any better.

Agreed Oreosmile!

Im used to staying in hostels so Im pretty sure any cabin will be a tier higher lol

Im just thinking back and my TA never gave me an option. First she said there were no interiors available so we booked an oceanview. Then weeks later I was poking around and got a quote for an interior. She switched us over and we got the lower price that we originally wanted but it was GTY and she never said anything. I didnt really notice until later on. Wa wa waaa - im hoping for an upgrade now! lol