Has anyone visited Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth Hangout?

slm83

My favorite animal is a sloth, and my sister's is most definitely monkeys. We're currently booked to do the "Pirate, Monkey, Bird" excursion through Carnival. Has anyone been to Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth Hangout? It seems like a better fit for us, but I've never booked an excursion outside of Carnival before.

Yes I booked directly with Daniel. It was a fantastic day and I really recommend it. I was also nervous about being out on our own without a ship sponsored excursion but it ended up being one of my favourite days in port ever. I felt completely safe and Daniel had us back more than an hour before we had to be.

We went when we were staying on West Bay Beach in the fall of 2015. It was a great experience and we are planning on going back when we go there for Spring Break this year. I have found the easiest way to contact him was via Facebook. I have a fear of Monkeys and he did a great job making me feel comfortable with them. The highlight of our trip was holding the baby sloth!

we did just last week, it was good.

we choose animals + snorkel tour and payed 45 pp.

We spent about an hour snorkeling, then about an hour holding animals and making photos and then we got to a beach where we stayed for couple of hours

it was a good day, probably best of the cruise.

one tiny drawback was - car had no air conditioner :) but we survived it

His email dandan_johnson@yahoo.com and he is pretty responsive.

I think Victor Bodden also can get you there. I have used him as well before - no issues..

We are planning on stopping there on our Private Rony's Tour. We have it on the short list of places to stop. In addition, some of my family (not going on the Rony tour) is going to go there right away in the morning when we dock, then come back to the beach for zip-lining and snorkeling.

I've heard nothing but GREAT reviews on the place.

We were just there in January. It was great and so cool to be able to hold a sloth. They do put them up early as they get tired easily. So if you want to hold a sloth make sure you are there first thing. It seems like we got there around 11am and we were just in time to be able to hold them. They are very careful not to over exert them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were just there in January. It was great and so cool to be able to hold a sloth. They do put them up early as they get tired easily. So if you want to hold a sloth make sure you are there first thing. It seems like we got there around 11am and we were just in time to be able to hold them. They are very careful not to over exert them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the heads-up. We will go there first!