neoRomantica Indian Ocean Itinerary

Cortesefam

We're intrigued by Costa's itinerary from Mauitius visiting islands in the Indian Ocean and Madagascar. It appears to be a unique cruise, with a good mix of island and sea days over two weeks. I've not found many reviews or threads discussing the cruise or the neoRomantica since its refurbishment--would welcome any and all help from cruisers who have been on the ship recently and specifically on this itinerary.

Thanks!

I did this 2 week sailing several years ago when a the ship was just the plain old Romantica.

It was one of my favourite cruises because of the itinerary. It was great to be in Mauritius and the Seychelles several days as it gave more options to go out and about and see more. Didn't like the Madagascar. Ports at all, dirty, smelly, infrastructure falling apart and terrible poverty. Reunion was gorgeous and I'd go back there again in a heartbeat and to Mauritius and the Seychelles.

I won't comment on the ship as it has been completely overhauled since I was on her.

We're intrigued by Costa's itinerary from Mauitius visiting islands in the Indian Ocean and Madagascar. It appears to be a unique cruise, with a good mix of island and sea days over two weeks. I've not found many reviews or threads discussing the cruise or the neoRomantica since its refurbishment--would welcome any and all help from cruisers who have been on the ship recently and specifically on this itinerary.

Thanks!

Have cruises NeoR twice since re furb - adore her! Any questions be happy to help -

Sadly have not done this cruise though - would love to - I love the Indian Ocean and combining that with NeoR - oooh winner!!

AmoMondo and Blondie008: Thank you very much for your replies!

It sounds like the Madagascar ports offer less opportunity, but we're mostly intrigued by the Indian Ocean island ports--we can't imagine a better way to explore that part of the world than by ship.

We're very glad to hear the neoRomantica emerged from refurbishment in great shape. We haven't taken a cruise on Costa in many years--we're interested in trying the line again.

Thanks!

AmoMondo and Blondie008: Thank you very much for your replies!

It sounds like the Madagascar ports offer less opportunity, but we're mostly intrigued by the Indian Ocean island ports--we can't imagine a better way to explore that part of the world than by ship.

We're very glad to hear the neoRomantica emerged from refurbishment in great shape. We haven't taken a cruise on Costa in many years--we're interested in trying the line again.

Thanks!

We have just booked the 23rd January 2016 sailing!

• 2 weeks later...

I think about doing this cruise as well in 2016; what I already gathered is

that in Madgascar you might need to go out of the port area into

the rainforest and the national parks to get a view of the many kinds

of lemurs

I think about doing this cruise as well in 2016; what I already gathered is

that in Madgascar you might need to go out of the port area into

the rainforest and the national parks to get a view of the many kinds

of lemurs

That is true. The towns themselves at the port near the port aren't the place for that kind of thing.

There were some great handcrafts at the market at the third town - can't remember the name. One of the people at my table got a stunning hand carved chess set and board. I got some lovely little wooden carvings and bowls. They insist on bagging them all up at the gangway and sealing them and you're not to open them again until you get home.