Embarkation at Barcelona

bobstheboy

We arrive at the airport (own flight) at 0945 so I am anticipating arriving at the port at about 1045-1100. Our tickets state boarding starts at 1400, is this strictly adhered to or could it be earlier ? Is the check in on the quay side by the ship ? We will have priority boarding (Coral), will this be helpful ? If the 1400 time is the earliest then will we be able to get rid of our luggage when we arrive and get the shuttle bus to the port entrance and enjoy a couple of hours in the city ?

The ship is the Fortuna and picks up passengers at four different ports, including Savona, so I am hoping there will not be too many boarding at Barcelona, although I am sure it will still be several hundred !!

• 2 weeks later...

We boarded Costa Serena last year in Barcelona and boarding time was adhered to. Cannot recall exactly when it was but it was certainly after midday. We arrived at the terminal building adjacent to the ship and they took our cases from us. You then go upstairs and check in and they give you a number for being called onto the ship. You should be able to get rid of your luggage and if you wish go back into the city for a couple of hours.

Was not too bad boarding at Barcelona, there were certainly a couple of hundred people. Only issue with boarding at each port is the safety drill each night. This generally entails all bars closing for the duration of the drill.

Edited by moonglum

We boarded Costa Serena last year in Barcelona and boarding time was adhered to. Cannot recall exactly when it was but it was certainly after midday. We arrived at the terminal building adjacent to the ship and they took our cases from us. You then go upstairs and check in and they give you a number for being called onto the ship. You should be able to get rid of your luggage and if you wish go back into the city for a couple of hours.

Was not too bad boarding at Barcelona, there were certainly a couple of hundred people. Only issue with boarding at each port is the safety drill each night. This generally entails all bars closing for the duration of the drill.

Many thanks.

Just got off the Fortuna in Barcelona this Sunday. We were impressed with the Barcelona cruise terminal. We boarded at around 12.15, cabin was ready absolutely no hassle at all. Disembarkation was at 10.00am and was very quick and straightforward.

Just got off the Fortuna in Barcelona this Sunday. We were impressed with the Barcelona cruise terminal. We boarded at around 12.15, cabin was ready absolutely no hassle at all. Disembarkation was at 10.00am and was very quick and straightforward.

Thank you. 12.15 would be great !

I have had 13 cruises with Costa and the only one that was early was the last one out of Miami.In February we were one of the first at the port 1115am dropping the luggage wasnt difficult and we could have gone off we waited we are pearl suites were number 1 golden pearl 2 etc. However if you checked your luggage got your number and then left you would then be able to walk straight on when you came back

I have had 13 cruises with Costa and the only one that was early was the last one out of Miami.In February we were one of the first at the port 1115am dropping the luggage wasnt difficult and we could have gone off we waited we are pearl suites were number 1 golden pearl 2 etc. However if you checked your luggage got your number and then left you would then be able to walk straight on when you came back

Thanks, but I'll stay positive and take note of a recent cruiser on the Fortuna, who embarked in Barcelona and was on just after midday.