Sergeant's Caye Snorkeling

DavidsNana

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would come back and let anyone who is interested in this excursion know that my son (48) took this last week and really enjoyed it. He is/was a scuba diver but has not had a logged open water dive in the last two years (lives in Tennessee) so could not scuba. The boat picked the group up right from the ship and brought them back to the ship so saving time of tendering back and forth to join the excursion. He said that the personnel that ran the excursion were very professional, friendly and informative. Princess added an additional departure to this excursion at the same time as his so I was concerned that it would be too crowded. He said no it was not too crowded. Sergeant's Cay was barely above water but he said that the snorkeling was good. They saw many fish of various kinds. The beach where they came back to was very small but he said that they had kayaks to use which were included in the excursion price. They served fruit going over and chips and salsa and rum punch coming back. He said he would do it again if in the area.

I found so little up-to-date information on this excursion before we went. Hope this helps someone in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Did this excursion on the Glory in mid April. Overall not impressed. They wasted far too much of our excursion time by making two extra stops at their home base. Once to have us fill out ridiculously invasive legal forms and load snorkel equip and then again on the way back to off load the snorkel gear. IMHO, this should have been done on their own time rather than loading and unloading everyone from the boat for FIVE separate trips.

Snorkeling was ok, more coral than fish. Crew safety conscious. Beach break was not good, not a great setting.

We were only given about half a cup of watery rum punch. If we wanted more, had to buy it. Not a terribly friendly or festive excursion.

We are going back to Belize on the Magic this month and will NOT repeat this excursion.