Acapulco Tours

Sailmore

Can anyone give me suggestions for DIY or tours they have done in Acapulco? I have set up a day tour with Tours by Van, but so far no response on our roll call for others to join us. They have good reviews on TripAdvisor, but wondering if there are other easy options that we could do on our own.

I like the idea of a private tour and knowing up front who you are dealing with, but with 2 of us the cost is obviously higher. I'm just trying to weigh out options, and there isn't much available that I can find on this forum. We plan on DIY in all other ports, but without too much available info, I thought a private tour might be a good idea.

I appreciate any thoughts and suggestions. We are pretty open to what we would like to do. Obviously, cliff diving is a popular option, and a general overview of area. The sea turtle adoption excursion also looks like fun.

Thanks,

Linda

Can anyone give me suggestions for DIY or tours they have done in Acapulco? I have set up a day tour with Tours by Van, but so far no response on our roll call for others to join us. They have good reviews on TripAdvisor, but wondering if there are other easy options that we could do on our own.

I like the idea of a private tour and knowing up front who you are dealing with, but with 2 of us the cost is obviously higher. I'm just trying to weigh out options, and there isn't much available that I can find on this forum. We plan on DIY in all other ports, but without too much available info, I thought a private tour might be a good idea.

I appreciate any thoughts and suggestions. We are pretty open to what we would like to do. Obviously, cliff diving is a popular option, and a general overview of area. The sea turtle adoption excursion also looks like fun.

Thanks,

Linda

Make a list of the things that interest you, and give it to a taxi driver. If time permits, you can have a customized tour at a good price. If you get another couple to join you, the price will be better. Be sure you agree on a price before you get into the taxi.

Some things that are interesting to us --- Diego Rivera sculpture wall==Cliff divers -- Casa Blanca hotel view deck -- Flamingo hotel where the mivie stars from the 50's hung out --Harbor tour boats (price around 8 dollars). That is just a few, but if you study the brochures of Acapulco, you may find other things you like better. Taxi drivers are very good about waiting for you at the places you stop and/or coming back to get you.

Make a list of the things that interest you, and give it to a taxi driver. If time permits, you can have a customized tour at a good price. If you get another couple to join you, the price will be better. Be sure you agree on a price before you get into the taxi.

Some things that are interesting to us --- Diego Rivera sculpture wall==Cliff divers -- Casa Blanca hotel view deck -- Flamingo hotel where the mivie stars from the 50's hung out --Harbor tour boats (price around 8 dollars). That is just a few, but if you study the brochures of Acapulco, you may find other things you like better. Taxi drivers are very good about waiting for you at the places you stop and/or coming back to get you.

Basically, I had thought that type of tour is what we would do, but I liked the idea of a pre-arranged tour, but with flexibility and comfort of working with a well reviewed company. They have given me a list of many of these options, and will do what we wish and give input as desired.

If you have visited Acapulco recently, do you have any ball park idea of what we might expect cost wise for a taxi? I understand that everything is negotiable and if shared with others, it brings cost down. For an all day tour with English speaking driver/guide, I have been quoted $70US pp if 4-6 people. Again, I realize there are lots of variables, I just thought if we know up front what to expect, I can decide if the convenience of minimal hassles in port is worth the extra $$

Thanks for your thoughts.

Linda

Several times we have chartered a VW Beetle taxi, for as low as $10/hr.. The ship ports at the northern end of the very large auto traffic infested bayfront, so we suggest touring around the northern area, which has lots to see. Prepare to be warm and humid

Zoom out on the map below

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Acapulco,+Guerrero,+Mexico/@16.8507492,-99.9058943,1468m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x85ca5785aece50c9:0x9801d8f78a90a4e3?hl=en

Edited by bobnsofi