ESCAPE in St.Thomas Taxi availability?!

lvcrzn

I'll be in St. Thomas in January on the ESCAPE. I would like to DIY to Megan's Bay. There will be 3 other ships in port. I've read that Megan's bay can be very crowed. Will there be a problem getting a cab back to the ship as I have a 3 p.m appointment on board?

Shouldn't be a problem, but I've heard through he island telegraph that there is some road construction, who knows what that will be like by Nov. & traffic jams can be a problem, so allow yourself plenty of time.

Magens will be very crowded when I'll be there & with over 16,000 cruisers there on our port day, you would have to pay this former St Thomas resident to go there:D.

The Escape gets there early, & I'd plan on Magens first thing, then do whatever else you have planned. If it gets too crowded, grab a taxi for Paradise Point or downtown if you want to shop, then a quick trip back to the ship. You might also head for Sapphire, Coki or Emerald Beach.

Edited by HarpHarp

shouldn't be a problem, but i've heard through he island telegraph that there is some road construction, who knows what that will be like by nov. & traffic jams can be a problem, so allow yourself plenty of time.

Magens will be very crowded when i'll be there & with over 16,000 cruisers there on our port day, you would have to pay this former st thomas resident to go there:d.

The escape gets there early, & i'd plan on magens first thing, then do whatever else you have planned. If it gets too crowded, grab a taxi for paradise point or downtown if you want to shop, then a quick trip back to the ship. You might also head for sapphire, coki or emerald beach.

harpharp thank you so much for your response!

Last month, we spent an absolutely gorgeous day at Lindquist beach. No chair rentals or vendors but large clean restrooms with showers, picnic tables and pretty deserted except for one local family and a couple of tourists. It was heavenly.

Sapphire was my beach of choice when I lived on St Thomas.

Lindquist/Smith bay is also part of the Magens Bay authority & there is a $3 admission. As Conandrob said has few amenities.

If you are in the U.S. you've seen that beach in the Hannah & her horse commercial:) Hannah Davis is from St Thomas. I don't know if the horse is an import.