First Time on the Getaway

Vol fan

We are sailing for the first time on the Getaway next Saturday and wondered where the best place to arrange to meet others you are sharing excursions with before disembarking is. I don't know which deck the gangplank is on, so I don't have any idea where to suggest to others in the group.

Thanks.

I would suggest meeting on the dock but if somebody is late or gets held up you'll be in a bind - you have to get back on and go though screening. Besides - the dock area is hot and shade/water are not always available.

I'd suggest meeting on the at deck of Deck 15 or inside the garden cafe entrance. Easier to get on a downgoing elevator from there. It's also Air conditioned and you can have a free coffee or snack while you wait for laggards.

In the past when arranging excursions with others from the meet & greet, friends, etc, I've arranged to meet them at the forward/aft stair or elevator landing either on my floor or theirs (if I'm higher up I walk down and meet them on theirs, and vice versa). It made sense to pick people up along the way since we were all headed to the same place (so would have to pass each other anyway), and it's much easier to find people on a specific floor than in the chaos of the atrium area, or close to where people disembark for excursions.