Roaring 20s Formal

Marcys

Just received my sailing documentation and I see there are two formal nights. What do you wear for a Roaring 20s formal?

Roaring Twenties All Ships

Tonight we celebrate the era of the Charleston!

Awards for the best costumes.

Formal Wear

Gentlemen – Double breasted pin-striped suit or tailcoat & waistcoat. Fedora or top hat

Ladies – Flapper dresses, feather boas, beads, headbands and gloves

From askcunard.com. I hope you have a wonderful voyage!

Just received my sailing documentation and I see there are two formal nights. What do you wear for a Roaring 20s formal?

You don't have to dress in 20's gear if you don't want to, just normal formal wear. I bought a "flapper dress" in Phase Eight and have worn it twice now. Makes a bit of a laugh.

Marcy,

Do a search here on the internet for Flapper, Roaring 20's cloths-costumes etc. There are several good sites to explore and the prices are fairly reasonable. It is fun attire and really easy to get into it for the ladies. I found my flapper dress here on the internet. Sorry I don't remember the site but you can get a good idea of what you might like to put together for a fun theme.

I got an amazing dress from gatsbylady London on Amazon, my friend ordered one two and they both fit beautifully. I liked that they did not look like costumes, bead work was gorgeous! Enjoy, sounds like a fun formal night!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will be aboard the QM2 for the October 11,2016 Eastbound Transatlantic crossing and then stay aboard the QM2 for the October 18,2016 Westbound Transatlantic crossing. The last formal night on the October 11th Eastbound Transatlantic crossing is called the Royal Masquerade Ball while the last formal night on the October 18th Westbound Transatlantic crossing it is called the Roaring Twenties referring to the decade of the 1920s. Is this Cunard's attempt to make each Transatlantic crossing different? Regards,Jerry

I will be aboard the QM2 for the October 11,2016 Eastbound Transatlantic crossing and then stay aboard the QM2 for the October 18,2016 Westbound Transatlantic crossing. The last formal night on the October 11th Eastbound Transatlantic crossing is called the Royal Masquerade Ball while the last formal night on the October 18th Westbound Transatlantic crossing it is called the Roaring Twenties referring to the decade of the 1920s. Is this Cunard's attempt to make each Transatlantic crossing different? Regards,Jerry

Hi Jerry. Yes it seems Cunard is going in two different directions :D (sorry, couldn't resist). Salacia

Roaring Twenties All Ships

Tonight we celebrate the era of the Charleston!

Awards for the best costumes.

Formal Wear

Gentlemen – Double breasted pin-striped suit or tailcoat & waistcoat. Fedora or top hat

Ladies – Flapper dresses, feather boas, beads, headbands and gloves

From askcunard.com. I hope you have a wonderful voyage!

Will Cunard also offer dance lessons on how to dance the Charleston? The only movie that I saw in which people were dancing the Charleston was in the 1946 Christmas movie It's A Wonderful Life. George Bailey portrayed by Jimmy Stewart was dancing the Charleston with Mary Hatch portrayed by Donna Reed and then they accidentally fell into the swimming pool :o Regards,Jerry Edited by Cruise Liner Fan

Will Cunard also offer dance lessons on how to dance the Charleston? The only movie that I saw in which people were dancing the Charleston was in the 1946 Christmas movie It's A Wonderful Life. George Bailey portrayed by Jimmy Stewart was dancing the Charleston with Mary Hatch portrayed by Donna Reed and then they accidentally fell into the swimming pool :o Regards,Jerry

Hi Jerry. Here is a video of a Roaring 20's Ball on QV:

If you advance to 2:25, you will see a Charleston lesson being given on the dance floor (7 minutes total). Looks like fun, but I'd have to watch that video several times before I got the hang of it! - Salacia of the two left feet

Hi Jerry. Here is a video of a Roaring 20's Ball on QV:

If you advance to 2:25, you will see a Charleston lesson being given on the dance floor (7 minutes total). Looks like fun, but I'd have to watch that video several times before I got the hang of it! - Salacia of the two left feet

Thanks Salacia, though I am a lousy dancer :eek: I will try to learn the Charleston. Regards,Jerry

Thanks Salacia, though I am a lousy dancer :eek: I will try to learn the Charleston. Regards,Jerry

Jerry, I'm sure you'll do fine. You have a kindness about you that will compensate for any possible shortfalls in foot work.:)