things to do when you are in Safaga port.

ahmedmummy

as I know there is no enough information about Excursions from Safaga port and Safaga port in general , and as an Egyptian i can provide my advises about things to do from Safaga port specially the most common trips to Luxor

karnak-temple2.jpg

1- Luxor over day trip

over there you can visit west bank, Valley of the kings (three different tombs from 18, 19, and 20th dynasties)with out doubting you will have chance to visit the tomb of the golden boy (king Tut Ankh Amoun),the only tomb they found intact in the Valley of the kings , and temple of queen Hatsheput (the only temple built by female queen)this temple with its location consider the best panorama that you can take wonderful photos in it,,,then you will visit Karnak temples in the east side with its beautiful and huge columns. Karnak is not only temples to explain but it should be the biggest book of history tilling us about the Egyptian civilization.

the trip from Safaga till Luxor takes 3 hours drive but you will enjoy the eastern desert in the way,,, and en the end i can say it worth to go there to enjoy the Egyptian history.

2-Luxor over night trip from Safaga port,,,

If you have one night, I advise you to stay this night in Luxor , that will give you a chance to see and enjoy the temples , tombs and the country side .

Morning you Can visit west bank of Luxor. Valley of the Kings (you will visit three different carving and nice colors tombs from different dynasties 18,19,20th ) , and of course you can visit the only tomb they found intact in this valley (Tut Ankh Amon tomb) ,,, then you can go to see and enjoy the only temple built be female queen in Egypt (temple of queen Hatsheput) .

The second morning you can visit East bank of Luxor. two temples you can visit .

Karnak which is the biggest and the greatest temple built by humankind. the columns which is located in hypo style hall give you feeling that you are in a paradise, Karnak is not only one temple but its complex of temples .

Then you can visit Luxor temple which is smaller than Karnak but not less beautiful than it, over there you can see three different religions (the old temple,, the church,, and the oldest mosque built in Luxor) ,, really its wonderful to see complex of religions in one place.

Notice: you will have great chance to do more trips (you stay one night), so you can explore karnak temples at sound and light show (evening) and you can enjoy the balloon ride where you can see the sun rise and discover Luxor from the air. Really it is trip will be in your memory for ever.

3-Hurghada

If you are not interesting in visiting temples or you came before to Luxor. you can enjoy your day by visiting Hurghada city (one hour driving from Safaga port). there you can enjoy snorkeling ,submarine and water sports. not only this but you can enjoy a wonderful Bedouin day on the desert.