Difficulty Pre-Booking Seabourn Spa Appointment(s)

softsands

Having a miserable time trying to book spa appointments for an upcoming sailing. I know, poor me.

Initially, have tried several times to book and pre-pay for one, or more, appointments using the Seabourn excursion and spa booking system and each time I am rejected at point of payment submission. It's not the credit cards being used as the different banks, when contacted, do not even receive any pre-authorization requests, so the problem resides internally within Seabourn's system, or perhaps within Seabourn's partner-spa's system (Steiner?).

Seabourn is apparently unable to process a manual payment transaction, as an alternative, and can only at this point promise to look further into. I've also, as a last resort, put an inquiry into Steiner as this is quite perplexing to me.

In the meantime, my question is for any Canadian Seabourn customers: Have you successfully pre-booked any spa appointments through Seabourn's booking system using a Canadian bank's credit card and Canadian billing address? Or, is it just frickin' me?! :mad:

Thank you.

I did have the same problem a couple of years ago. It turned out to be a missing hyphen in the billing address that I entered. The billing address you enter has to be an exact copy of what the credit card has on file for you. I have had no problems with this year's bookings at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem booking on line and called the toll free number to book. They also had trouble booking spa treatments! They kept telling me everything was booked. When I told them it seemed very unlikely every single spa treatment is booked six months out, they tried again, through a supervisor, and managed to book a couple of massages.

Bottom line -- book spa treatments by calling the toll free number.

I had the same problem booking on line and called the toll free number to book. They also had trouble booking spa treatments! They kept telling me everything was booked. When I told them it seemed very unlikely every single spa treatment is booked six months out, they tried again, through a supervisor, and managed to book a couple of massages.

Bottom line -- book spa treatments by calling the toll free number.

I ultimately got all my appointments booked by engaging the spa company directly and they, thankfully, did it on their end.