Egypt, Israel, now Turkey

Love2Cruz2015

I was just thinking earlier today how we once had cruises that called at Egypt and Israel. Seems like Turkey, which I believe MSC already removed from their itineraries, along with Tunisia, will be discontinued as well.

Too bad I didn't go to Egypt to see the pyramids many years ago when it was offered. I don't think I had the means then anyway. I would still like to visit Israel, but will not go in the near future either.

During my recent trip, I didn't see anything that caused alarm. I was expecting to see migrants all over but other than northern African migrants in Venice and Portugal, selling fake Gucci bags and toys, I didn't see any. Saw the usual gypsies but no one is afraid of them, other than getting possibly your pockets picked.

Anyway, prayers for the families who were affected by the Istanbul attack.

MSC cancelled Turkish port calls several months ago. It's a shame because while Istanbul and Ankara have been scenes of violence for a long time, the other ports like Izmir have for the most part been quiet. Then there were the southern ports like Bodrum, Marmaris, Antalya and Alania which haven't been touched at all to my knowledge. They're all delightful destinations which are no longer on cruise itineraries. Istanbul of course is one of the most fascinating cities in the world.