arizona iced tea?

CanuckonaBoat

Only if you bring it.

In the dining rooms, they have fresh brewed tea. At the beverage station and in cabanas, they have Fuze or another product made for dispensers--awful!

I take an extra glass of tea when I leave the dining room. You can also get tea bags and hot water from the beverage station and brew your own (yeah, I'm a purist.)

wonderful - thank you! hopefully my father will take to the on-board iced-tea!

Let's just say that he's a creature of habit....... when he realizes that there is rotational dining... it's gonna be interesting. He is purely doing this only for his grandkids and for Alaska!!!

Rotational dining is not a big deal at all. DCL makes it sound like it is in their PR stuff, but all that it amounts to is that you sit in a different restaurant for the first 3 nights, then repeat the cycle till your cruise is over (OK, there are some times when they change the rotation). You keep the same servers, same table number. Essentially it is "traditional dining" with the quirk that you go to different rooms on different nights.

I've taken to bringing a big cup and brewing my own ice tea using the tea bags and water available at the beverage station. I drink a lot, and what I can get from the dining room doesn't generally last till the next meal. At least that way I know that I'll have what I want. Sorry, but the dispenser stuff is vile.

Edited by moki'smommy

I'm looking forward to experiencing the rotational dining.

But I know my Dad. Consistency is best for him. I've done A LOT of research and think I can smooth things over ... like pointing out we have the same waiters and table numbers. I also think he can order the same thing every night if he wants to.

And that he always has the option of going to dinner at the SAME place eVERY Night at any of the other outlets (Beach blanket, etc...)

On the first day he will find his little corner of the ship- and he will stay quite happily there.

i"m going to bring on a few cans of Arizona iced-tea- so that he a little comfort teat.

I'm the one who asked for this trip- and want to make sure that everyone has what they need to keep them happy (to a point).

The only way he can order the same thing every night is if he orders the "lighter fare." This is a broiled chicken breast, steak, or ??fish with essentially the sides of your choice. Otherwise, the menu changes nightly with no repeats. However, if there is something he just "has to" have, let your server know. They will do their best to meet his request.

Beach Blanket is not open the first or last night of a cruise. He can eat there other nights.

But...it isn't hard to be happy on a DCL cruise. And it sounds like you have things under control.

• 2 weeks later...
Will spare you a long story - but - can you please tell me if they have Arizona Ice Tea on board?

The brewed in the dining room is, well, just that. The Fuze in the dispensers isn't even close to the sweetness of Arizona (or Brisk or Nestea for that matter), so if that's important prepare to spend some trial & error time with either option adding your own sweetener.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I saw the individual powder Arizona packets at Target. Not sure what they'd taste like. Arizona sort of reminds me of what the dispenser stuff tastes like. We're used to having it home-brewed and served everywhere down here. :D It's always weird to me not to see it.

I'm from the South and drink nothing but sweet tea, so it's a little weird trying to make it at dinner. They have to bring me LOTS of sugar packets to try to sweeten it up. It's hard to mix that sugar into cold tea. ;) Totally worth it though.

I think I saw the individual powder Arizona packets at Target. Not sure what they'd taste like. Arizona sort of reminds me of what the dispenser stuff tastes like. We're used to having it home-brewed and served everywhere down here. :D It's always weird to me not to see it.

I'm from the South and drink nothing but sweet tea, so it's a little weird trying to make it at dinner. They have to bring me LOTS of sugar packets to try to sweeten it up. It's hard to mix that sugar into cold tea. ;) Totally worth it though.

If you are up for a little bit of effort...make your own tea with hot water and tea bags from the beverage station. I bring a large cup that is heat safe and can make 24 ounces at a time. While it is hot, you can add as much sugar as you'd like. When it cools off a bit, store it in your fridge in the cabin. Have a second cup--fill with the correct amount of ice and add the previously prepared tea.

I don't do sugar in my tea, but just having it prepared the way I like it is worth the effort. And even more so on cruise lines that don't do any brewed ice tea!