Photo Package Question - What is considered a group?

zenworks911

There are conflicting wordings to the photo package fine print that I would like clarification on before boarding the Disney Magic next week. On the one hand it says photos with family members or people outside the room are included only if someone from our stateroom is in the picture. Fine, that is easy.

It then says that group photos are not included. Ok, what is considered a "group photo" or "large group photo". They are irritatingly and intentionally vague about the rules surrounding that. I am guessing for upselling purposes.

My extended family spans 3 staterooms and the other 2 staterooms only want a family picture. So will our family picture of 9 people total be included in our our unlimited digital photo package or will that fall into the group category and not be included?

Thanks!

zenworks911

I suspect your 3 cabins will be OK in getting the photo on the disk.

THe "large groups" I've seen are things like fish extender groups, FB groups, and such who want a group photo or very large family groups (like 30+ people). These people schedule a photo shoot time with the Shutters people, and that photo does not go on the disk. I've never seen a problem with people seated together at dinner!

If you all board together, your embarkation photo will be in the package, and that can be all 9 of you.

I dug as deep as i could on the vendor website and 20 seems to be the magic number. Less than 20 is considered candid and not a group. 20 or more is a group. Thanks for feedback.

People with direct experience please share.

The biggest group I've been a part of was 16, and we had no problem with photos. That doesn't give you 20, but it is personal experience. I was once at a dinner seating for 18, but we were not all cruising together (long story.)

We've also had a situation where the grandparents were in one cabin and parents/kids in another. Shutters personnel did "cheat" and place one photo of the grandparents alone on the disk purchased by the other cabin. According to the written rules, this doesn't happen, but with a "can you, please?" it did.

• 3 weeks later...