Casablanca, currency and costs

chicaguapa

If I tell you what I'm planning on doing in Casablanca could someone let me know how much money I should budget for and get changed into local currency please?

We want to take a taxi to the mosque and then maybe to the markets. We don't plan to eat anywhere as we'll eat on the ship.

I think we can pay for the taxi in Euros so any idea what we should expect to pay please so we know the price we are being quoted is fair? There'll be four of us, 2 adults and 2 children.

I know we can pay the entry to the mosque with our credit card.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

2 years ago, taxis were more than willing to take US dollars so would expect they will also take euros. Sorry but cannot remember if they are metered cabs or not. Maybe someone else can help with that. Only times we needed local money in Morocco was for public transportation. Cannot help with today's fares but ask a few cabbies and see what they each say. The port lecturer should know a fair current price for the cab.

• 8 months later...

I found several taxi drivers did not understand English. So I just held out the money and pointed to a photo or map of where I wanted to go. That worked well. Can't remember prices but taxis were quite cheap.

If you like ice cream get a huge waffle cone for $1 in shopping areas. YUM!