Old Lahaina Luau Transportation from Kahului Port

steimey

Thought I would put post some updated information as some of what I read on the boards was not accurate.

I was on the April 29, 2017 sailing of POA. Unfortunately that weekend a cold front stalled over Maui and they had 2 days plus of rain and cold weather 65 degrees.

I had booked Old Lahaina in June 2016 so I was quite disappointed that the Luau was cancelled but did not want to sit out in the rain.

I had contacted a few vendors posted here.

1. West Maui Taxi DOES NOT come to Kahului.
  2. Speedi shuttle one way fare was $235.40
  3. I contacted Ming Tarn at mauitaxitour at gmail dot com and she was very quick to respond. The one way fare would be $75 and she gave me the taxi driver's cell phone number and I was to contact him that Sunday morning. As I said, unfortunately we cancelled. I thanked her and told her I would recommend her on Cruise critic. We had a car rented for the 2 days so we had agreed to meet at the airport before the luau (park the car for the night) and be dropped off at the port after the luau.

I had done the Old Lahaina Luau in 2015. Second choice- We did Chief's Luau on Oahu which included the transportation. We paid for the Royal seating so we were very close. Pork was excellent; other food so so. Excellent outdoor location. Chief is great. Entertainment was excellent- had 8 fire knife dancers.