Fascinosa safety drill in Barcelona

alicat58

Has anyone recently done the Western Med cruise from Barcelona on the Fascinosa? She is only leaving at 19h30.Last aboard is apparently 18.30-supper time for us!

I would like to know whether anybody can tell me what time the safety drill was. We are leaving on 6/11.

Thanks

Has anyone recently done the Western Med cruise from Barcelona on the Fascinosa? She is only leaving at 19h30.Last aboard is apparently 18.30-supper time for us!

I would like to know whether anybody can tell me what time the safety drill was. We are leaving on 6/11.

Thanks

Hello alicat. I can't be certain but we have sailed with Costa many times and usually embark in Barcelona. Boarding usually starts at about 2pm. The safety drill from what i remember is at about 16.15 (4.15 pm). First sitting dinner is at about 18.30 and second is about 21.00. People usually embark and disembark at each port of call. hope this helps. Happy cruising :)

Hi Bazbov

Thanks for the comment. Bit different this time. She only arrives in Barcelona at 14h30 and leaves at 19h30.

We recently had an odd experience on the Luminosa. We arrived in Stockholm and left at 6am the next morning. Costa in their wisdom, had the safety drill at something like 23h00 or 23h30. Suffice to say we were on the naughty step and went to bed because we were up since 4am on the same day. We then had to do the walk of shame the next day at sea! Walking on the ship with our life jackets to the piano bar to watch a safety video. Far preferential to standing on deck in the middle of the night waiting for them to do the drill in all the languages. We have never been so rebelious before and I feel it's necessary to attend even if you have done this with Costa 10 times before.

Looking forward to the cruise a lot!

Alicat58

Hi Bazbov

Thanks for the comment. Bit different this time. She only arrives in Barcelona at 14h30 and leaves at 19h30.

We recently had an odd experience on the Luminosa. We arrived in Stockholm and left at 6am the next morning. Costa in their wisdom, had the safety drill at something like 23h00 or 23h30. Suffice to say we were on the naughty step and went to bed because we were up since 4am on the same day. We then had to do the walk of shame the next day at sea! Walking on the ship with our life jackets to the piano bar to watch a safety video. Far preferential to standing on deck in the middle of the night waiting for them to do the drill in all the languages. We have never been so rebelious before and I feel it's necessary to attend even if you have done this with Costa 10 times before.

Looking forward to the cruise a lot!

Alicat58

Hi Alicat. Ahhh that is a bit different. I don't know what time Safety Drill will be then.Hopefully it will be earlier than 11.30 pm. I agree about attending drills, no matter how many times you've sailed before. I think i may have been rebelious too considering the late hour,not only that but my medication at night makes me sleepy and i have to take it before 10pm. Hope you get more information and i wish you a very pleasant cruise. Please report back on how the cruise was. Happy cruising. :)