Duty Free Liquor Being Discontinued

PopFla

We just got off the Dream this morning. We found that there was almost no liquor displayed in the Duty Free area - about a dozen bottles in a display case. Two crew members advised us that DCL is discontinuing alcohol sales in Duty Free, and that they are in the process of selling off what's left in their stock room. Fortunately for me, they still had two bottles of my preferred brand in stock, but they had to get it from the stock room. All of the shelves where liquor was formerly displayed are now full of clothing for sale.

Crew members claimed they don't know why the decision was made to stop sales. Anybody else have any info on this ? :confused:

Interesting. We are on the Magic right now. They have a display of liquor behind the counter in one of the main stores instead of the normal location inside the club area.

It wouldn't surprise me though. They have made it almost impossible to deal with Liquor on the ship. Even when you buy it on shore. Having to pick up what you buy on the morning of debarkation makes it impossible to pack in your luggage and delays you getting off the ship. It just seems unnecessarily difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we were on the Magic the end of September, the area that used to sell liquor in After Hours (Sea treasures between O'Gills and Fathoms) was now a gift shop. I remember that specifically, because the were selling luggage there and since it was a DVC Member Cruise, people were buying luggage to handle all the extra gifts they were receiving. Sea Treasures was empty by the end of the cruise.