White Bay Cruise Terminal - different alcohol rules

reedy8

Hello

Notes on http://www.sydneyports.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/28641/WB_Cruise_Terminal_Info_Sheet_24052013_FINAL.pdf for White Bay says:

WHAT NOT TO BRINGYou are NOT permitted to bring any alcohol onboard forpersonal consumption.Duty-free, tax-free and personal alcohol purchased onshoremust be surrendered by passengers at embarkation or prior to boarding at any port.

It is dated 2013, could be old info.

This is in contrast to Azamara's Alcohol policy, Can the mediator please advise what the ruling is here

Edited by reedy8
error

I went through this in 2015. The port puts that info out since most cruise ships do not allow it. However, we were on Oceania and we always bring wine on board especially being in Sydney pre-cruise. I contacted the port and they said if the ship allows it then it's okay. Contact the port for further information in case it changed. I contacted the port authority in 2015.

I went through this in 2015. The port puts that info out since most cruise ships do not allow it. However, we were on Oceania and we always bring wine on board especially being in Sydney pre-cruise. I contacted the port and they said if the ship allows it then it's okay. Contact the port for further information in case it changed. I contacted the port authority in 2015.

Thank you

It would be nice to have this cleared up before boarding?

I have since discovered that the rule was set in place when White Bay was first opened and only one cruise line was using it. The port authority wrote the regulation based on that cruise lines policy.

Now other cruise lines use it, its back to being the responsibility of the particular cruise line.

Not that I can find an updated Port Authority policy.

We boarded the Journey twice last month while docked at White Bay (it was an overnight stop so we got off and on twice). There was no security or screening of any kind by the WB port authority, other than the usual bored security guard who looked at our SeaPass cards before letting us walk onto the pier, and thence to the gangway.

The Journey security staff rigorously scanned all parcels being taken on board, but they were unconcerned about bottles of wine.