Windsurf problems getting to St. Barts?

bimmer012850

From what I have read recently, it appears that, for whatever reasons, the Windsurf has not been stopping in St. Barts on cruises where that port is part of the itinerary. No one seems to know why and I have seen cc comments about the seas being too rough (for lack of a better explanation). The Jan 7th 7 night cruise came back to St. Maarten a day early and I believe that happened on one of the December trips as well (except at the front end of the cruise as they seem to flip the order of the ports every other trip). Does anyone have any thoughts / comments?

That doesn't sound good.We are doing a B2B on Feb 4 with St Barths each week. It is one of our favorite ports with Windstar. Where did you hear that? She is in Phillipsburg now, a day ahead and should leave today. Checking on Port webcam to see if she leaves. Maybe more rudder problems?

That doesn't sound good.We are doing a B2B on Feb 4 with St Barths each week. It is one of our favorite ports with Windstar. Where did you hear that? She is in Phillipsburg now, a day ahead and should leave today. Checking on Port webcam to see if she leaves. Maybe more rudder problems?

The reason Windsurf was a day early to Philipsburg was exactly because they skipped St. Barths - presumably because of bad weather in St. Barths. Don't know more than that, although the same thing happened on one of the December cruises. Will have to see if she leaves on time later tonite.

The problem in December was a mechanical problem with this ship it came in to SXM a day early and them delayed departure on our cruise from Friday to Sunday. Everyone who wanted to had ample chance to visit St. Barts on the day we were supposed to be there. WS gave everyone high speed ferry tickets and OBC for the trouble. Unless they are having continued mechanical trouble don't believe the two events are related.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As a passenger on the Wind Surf scheduled to be in St Bart's Jan 13, we experienced high winds and swells that disrupted multiple itinerary plans. Weather events happen; luck of the draw. Spoke to a St Maarten resident who took the high-speed ferry from St Bart's the previous day who commented on the rough crossing and the unusually high number of seasick passengers.

On the positive side, my most memorable experience will be standing on the bridge at midnight, holding on for dear life in high winds, watching the white-capped swells in the light of the full moon and the aura encircling that moon. Beautiful and unique opportunity on a ship with no front deck lights impeding your night view.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I see that you were on the Windsurf back in 2001. That was the last time we were on Windsurf - it was the Feb 18th Barbados itinerary. Is that the same one you were on? We have not sailed on Windstar since then. Really looking forward to the sailing ship experience again.

Yes. That was our first voyage on the Surf. As you can see, we have been on many times since. Love the ship. Checked last evening, and she did leave Phillipsburg and is in Barbuda, so all is well. If you check the blogs on their web site, I have done several. Come back to the Surf!

Sent from my iPad using Forums