Character breakfast

Can you guys give me information on the character breakfast and if you have pictures that would be great! We're considering taking our kids cruising with us this time and I wanna talk to my husband and show my kids to see if they would be interested. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The food was awful, and even if you don't find it to be bad it's available for free on the ship that day (seems to always be the chocolate themed breakfast).

They did a song thing that was suitable for young preschoolers, even though for our family none of the characters are from movies that preschoolers see. I mean, Shrek??? Not a kiddie movie if you actually pay attention to the movie.

We got it when it was free and it wasn't worth the cost then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's basically the MDR buffet breakfast in a cordoned off area. If your kids know the dreamworks characters, it'll be fine. We happened to be in the MDR during one of them, and my kids had no idea who any of them were, and didn't seem even a little bit put off that they weren't included.

We thought it was free for kids too but when I booked we were charged $10pp for everyone. When questioned (phone call prior to sailing) I was informed that NO it's only free for children under 1 y.o.

We thought it was free for kids too but when I booked we were charged $10pp for everyone. When questioned (phone call prior to sailing) I was informed that NO it's only free for children under 1 y.o.

My 5 and 2 year old were free on Liberty. I guess it could be different per ship.

I would have not booked if it cost $$ for my kids. It would not be worth it in my opinion. $20 for my family is fine, but $30 or $40 is not something i would do for breakfast.

We just did this yesterday with my 1 year old twins. (I'm currently on the Liberty) They have no clue who the characters are but I was testing the waters since we are going to Disney later this year. We only had to pay $10 each for my husband and me. The girls were free. The menu was basically the same as the dining room - actually I received the same generic room service type breakfast (eggs, bacon & potatoes with the tomato). The pancakes were tasty. I wouldn't pay for this again - we only had two characters- kung fo panda and puss n boots. If the food was better or if there were more characters, maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Allure in December and did the character breakfast. The breakfast was nothing to rant about. She had chocolate pancakes and I had a custom ordered omelet.

Three characters came..Kung Fu Panda, King Julian and Mort. My 5 year old niece got to dance with them and take quite a few pictures with each. She loved it.

We've done the Disney cruise character breakfast a couple of times for free. I wish we didn't have to pay for it on Royal but it was worth it to see face light up when it was her turn to take pictures with them.