Getting wedding dress ect onto the shipRCCL. For vow renewal

Is your vow renewal on embarkation day? If so, you should be able to board early and/or have access to your cabin.

My wedding was on our 2nd day, so I wasn't able to board early or anything. Cabins weren't ready until 1pm, but my steward allowed me to stow my stuff there, so I didn't have to lug it around.

• 4 weeks later...
Is your vow renewal on embarkation day? If so, you should be able to board early and/or have access to your cabin.

My wedding was on our 2nd day, so I wasn't able to board early or anything. Cabins weren't ready until 1pm, but my steward allowed me to stow my stuff there, so I didn't have to lug it around.

Did you have to press your wedding dress due to travel wrinkles? I'm so worried because the material of my dress is prone to getting very wrinkled but I can't think of a way to keep it safe and don't want to iron it myself and possibly mess it up.

Anyone have any advice?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

I was really worried about wrinkles. The ship can steam the gown, but they need at least 24 hours to do it. Since my wedding was on Day 2, there wasn't time and it was not an option for me. But you should look into it.

In the end, my plan worked well. I packed the gown carefully in tissue for the flight. Then hung the gown in our hotel room as soon as we arrived. Most of the wrinkles fell right out. I carried the gown on board in it's garment bag and was able to quickly hang it our stateroom. I also brought a small travel steamer (the kind without a heating element). The morning of the wedding, I gave the gown a quick touch up, and it was good as new. FYI - I know some lines forbid irons/steamers. But here's the kind of steamer I take on every cruise without a problem.

Steamer.jpg.247a9872e5149689e1bb9e88a8e4b36e.jpg

I will be getting married on embrocation day, we board at 10:30 am with the wedding at 1pm. The dress I chose is an organza ballgown that holds wrinkles (what was I thinking!) and I am driving 4 hours to get to the port the day before we cruise so I am sure my dress bag will be shoved amongst our other bags and my dress is sure to wrinkle. I thought about a travel steamer but the thought of something going wrong really scares me.

Guess I'll invest in a portable travel steamer and hope it all works out!!

I will be getting married on embrocation day, we board at 10:30 am with the wedding at 1pm. The dress I chose is an organza ballgown that holds wrinkles (what was I thinking!) and I am driving 4 hours to get to the port the day before we cruise so I am sure my dress bag will be shoved amongst our other bags and my dress is sure to wrinkle. I thought about a travel steamer but the thought of something going wrong really scares me.

Guess I'll invest in a portable travel steamer and hope it all works out!!

I bought the Joy Mangano My Little Steamer and it is PERFECT. Small enough to travel with and the perfect size to steam a dress. Its $19.99 at Macy's right now. The trick is to not press the steamer against the fabric. Steam from the inside of the gown and hold the steamer at least 6 inches away from fabric. If for some reason you get water on dress and you see a spot, let it air dry, do NOT try to dry it with a blow dryer.

Hope this helps, I am a wedding planner so its a little trick of the trade. I am getting married on my cruise in June so I can understand the stress of wrinkled dresses :)

Thank you for the help and the tips on steaming, so helpful! I'll head to Macy's today to grab the steamer before the sale ends and I'll practice on a few dresses at home before I leave on my cruise so I get the technique down.

It's great to hear that a professional planner chose a cruise wedding for your own event. I'd love to hear about any personal details you're planning, if you feel like sharing...

Thank you for the help and the tips on steaming, so helpful! I'll head to Macy's today to grab the steamer before the sale ends and I'll practice on a few dresses at home before I leave on my cruise so I get the technique down.

It's great to hear that a professional planner chose a cruise wedding for your own event. I'd love to hear about any personal details you're planning, if you feel like sharing...

Of course. We decided on a cruise wedding because you can't beat the cost and we would rather have a vacation with everyone instead of just a day. The more bang for your buck theory. We are actually getting married in Bermuda on the first day we port there. We went Oct 2015 and fell in love so it was an easy choice for us. We are having a private event onboard on the 2nd night of the cruise as well as our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on night 3. We dock Wednesday and will get married at Coral Beach Club that evening. I am having the same struggles as everyone else. Trying to get people to book the cruise, get their flights, hair and make up, etc. But all in all I know it will come together.

We opted for sola bouquets, bouts, and corsages as they look so pretty and are allowed on the ships. I couldn't see spending money on a fresh bouquet only to have to leave it behind (customs won't allow it on the ship from a port, or back into home port). With the sola bouquets we can bring them on, keep them, and use them in my home after. (they make a great diffuser with scents on them).

I am doing door magnets for everyone to include in their welcome bags. We are thinking Save the date size so people can put them on their fridge once they get home.

My sister is a travel agent so she locked in our block, got us amenity credit for all rooms so we can send everyone a bottle of wine or chocolates. She also secured our private rooms for our on board events. So it has been easy having her walk me through it all.

As for decor, I am bringing my own linen, cute signs, card box, etc. I am negotiations with a florist there for centerpieces, if the price is too high, I will do sola flower wreaths and place around lanterns on tables for centerpieces.

We have 31 guests attending on the cruise ship and 5 flying directly to Bermuda so it should be a good bunch.

I am very exited and can't wait to be back in Bermuda. It is a gorgeous place.

xoxo