Just back from Black Watch

Julessmiles

Have just returned from a 3 night mini on Black Watch to Ireland. (Our first time on this ship)

We had a fabulous time - food, service & staff were all excellent. You can tell the ship is 'older' but it is nicely presented & maintained.

I have to say the Entertainment overall knocked spots off the entertainment we had on the Balmoral for our 2 week cruise in the summer. The Entertainmnet Hosts were great - full of enthusiasm & getting up & joining in in the evenings in her Lido Bar Disco - you could tell that they all loved their jobs!

The Acts around the ship were very good & the Showteam too were excellent.

All in all, apart from the Irish weather, this was a fantastic mini cruise!

Interesting! We are considering Fred for our 2016 cruise. We were disappointed with the entertainment on Eclipse, however, everything else was outstanding. How was the food, staterooms etc?

Food was excellent - could not fault it. I would not call them Staterooms but we were in 'steerage' & just had a basic inside cabin which was absolutely fine but I did get a peep in an outside standard & a suite. Both very nice. This was on the Black Watch which is an older ship so the furniture was older style but I notice you have travelled with Thomson & I would say they were on a par with the Spirit, Celebration & Dream.

We have also been on Boudicca & Balmoral - Balmoral more modern. We tend to only use our cabins for showering, sleeping & changing so we have been very happy with what we have had.

If you are on FB, FO do have a small 'unofficial' FB page & there are a few photos of the cabins on there!

• 3 weeks later...

We were also on this cruise and agree with all that has been said. The entertainment was excellent, we were in the Lido Lounge on two evenings.

If I could query anything it would have to be the organisation when disembarking and also a 1hour plus wait in Waterford for the shuttle bus in the pouring rain. In the end we had to get a taxi. Approximately 30/40 people left stranded!!! However would definitely go again. We had an lovely fairly spacious outside cabin on deck 3, well looked after and spotlessly clean.ImageUploadedByForums1444033241.979534.jpg.38cd3b42a7d2fbfb36978e2e492d885e.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1444033222.006420.jpg.2de6c5dfc2b3b9f1e184f4a0357c901c.jpg

We were also on this cruise and agree with all that has been said. The entertainment was excellent, we were in the Lido Lounge on two evenings.

If I could query anything it would have to be the organisation when disembarking and also a 1hour plus wait in Waterford for the shuttle bus in the pouring rain. In the end we had to get a taxi. Approximately 30/40 people left stranded!!! However would definitely go again. We had an lovely fairly spacious outside cabin on deck 3, well looked after and spotlessly clean.[ATTACH]364468[/ATTACH][ATTACH]364469[/ATTACH]

Glad you enjoyed it too! We had a 3 berth inside on deck 3 which was absolutely fine & as you say clean & well looked after. I haven't mastered the art of uploading photos to here yet!

I agree about Waterford; no idea what happened there; took us 45 minutes to get off the Ship to get to Waterford & we were on the verge of calling a taxi; we were the last ones to get on one coach back but had been queuing for almost an hour :eek:

We have already booked to go on the mini to Bruges in December on the Balmoral!