Beware Travel Dynamics International!

cj56sara

Took a Smithsonian sponsored cruise around the Seychelles on board the Pegasus in Nov 2015. The Pegasus had just been moved down to the Equator from Greece and did not have what it needed to keep up with the warmer weather.

But the worst part and the reason I will not take another TDI trip is that I was called a couple of weeks before leaving and told that they had had a computer glitch and overbooked the cruise and would I share my cabin with another single male around my age in return for a $2500 refund. Begrudgingly I agreed, but don't like sharing rooms with strangers.

Once on the cruise, I found out that the real reason is that this guy wanted to join his mother and sister on the trip at the last minute. No computer glitch.

But worst of all, to date TDI has not refunded me the $2500 and ignores my emails. I've event sent them return receipt and get nothing back.

It's sad because Smithsonian is excellent and the leaders on the trip, along with so much else about it, were wonderful. But if you can't trust the tour operator...

Travel Dynamics was bought by Ponant in 2014. Perhaps you are using an out-of-date email address?

Hope you get it resolved -- we traveled with them some years ago and had problems (but not financial).

Good luck and please report back.