Travelers Checks with Sail and Sign?

mirrajay

Travelrs checks are the same as cash. It will be used the same way-- you will need to see the pursers desk the first day sometimes. (head after dinner- less crowded) you need to put down a XX amount per person. The amount differs from Cruise line and ship.

Oh, you dont have to take care of this before you even get on the ship? I am going to give my credit card, but my friend is wanting to do the travelers checks. So I will offer my credit card when I check in, right? But can board the ship without actually "opening" her S&S account and will have to stop by the pursers desk before she can charge anything to her card? Is that correct?

thanks for the help!

Carey

Using a credit card you will do that when signing in- Using cash you need to stop at the Pursers desk. (it doesnt have to be done as soon as you get onbaord.- wait til around dinner time or when you see there isnt any line. It just has to be done during the first day sometimes.
When you are first boarding the people that are checking you in do not deal with cash or travelers checks.

are you in the same Cabin? Just copy the sign and sail page...and for your friend write in that she will be doing cash.

Yes, we are in the same cabin. I assume that its very easy and normal procedure to have us on seperate sail and sign cards....I hope :)

Thanks for the tip about waiting until dinner time. We dont plan on having dinner in the dining room that night, so thats what we'll do.

Thanks again!
Carey

Yep- you can do seperate accounts. I do with my kids when we sailed.

Why no dining room the first night? buffet? speciality resturant??

You will see when you get onbaord that the pursers desk is crowded at certain times. I found a little line or no line at all during dinner times.

Yes, I think we will do the buffet or even just some pizza or something. I just think its going to be a long day and I dont want to worry about changing clothes since I am sure I will be in jeans for embarkation. I think we will be too excited to sit down and eat a full meal :)

Very OT: am I responsible (or is it just proper ettiquite) to inform someone if we are indeed not going to eat in the dining room that night? We have basically just decided to eat in the dinning room only on formal nights, but that may change as we cruise.

Archived