Explorer of The Seas - 23rd August Canary Islands

Hi,

We are booked on the above cruise and wondered if anyone had information about the birthday packages I have seen mentioned. It is my Son's 11th birthday whilst on the cruise so would like to see if there's something I can do to make it more fun/special.

Any advice/information would be great.

Thanks, Claire

Edited by SotonClaire
Wrong date in title

If you go on to gifts and gear in your cruise planner online you can order room decorations and cake (vanilla or chocolate last time I looked). We had room decorated 3 summers ago for son's 13th birthday - door decoration and stuff hanging from ceiling inside cabin. You could of course take your own decorations lots of people to banners on door and balloons etc.

We are on the same cruise and my son turns 11 on the day we set sail! I have heard that when you go to dinner you can mention the birthday to the waiter and then the dessert will come out with a candle in it. I was going to order a cake but I guessing we will be too full to eat it after the dinner and dessert.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, thanks for your help, I might just do the candle thing as like you say we'll prob be too full for a cake! I do like the idea of having the room decorated so I'm going to look into that.

Just to clarify...I don't think there are any actual candles allowed on board.

My nephew had a birthday onboard, and we had a cake...but there was no candle.

We got a few "fake" candles from the resturant and put them next to the cake.

He kept trying and trying to blow the candles out (he was only two, and he was very determined). Then I realized I didn't know how to turn the candles off...and he just kept blowing. I think I finally threw a napkin over the candles and yelled "Hurray!"

I ran back to the resturant I got them from, and they immediately turned off when they put them on the charging dock.

That was not on this particular ship...just a heads up.

:o