Poker on the Oasis?

Cinerama

I liked the poker tournament they had on the Princess ships but I don't think they have anything similar on RCL.

On Princess you each pay $60 and you need ten players. When there are only two players left, you can split the pot for $250 each (Princess keeps $100) or you can play till there is only one player left and he/she gets $350, 2nd place gets $150.

I liked the poker tournament they had on the Princess ships but I don't think they have anything similar on RCL.

On Princess you each pay $60 and you need ten players. When there are only two players left, you can split the pot for $250 each (Princess keeps $100) or you can play till there is only one player left and he/she gets $350, 2nd place gets $150.

Oasis and Allure have the computer Texas Hold Em tables.

It takes a little getting used to if you never played on one, but, it works.

Royal have poker tournaments on every cruise and cash games - if there are enough players. On my cruise on FOS last month we had a great cash game every night and I also won the Poker Tournament - prize is a seat at the main tournament on a free cruise on Allure Dec 2016 (Oasis this year but that tourney is now full apparently).

I have won once before but not enough players to give out a free cruise had to have cash.

Royal have poker tournaments on every cruise and cash games - if there are enough players. On my cruise on FOS last month we had a great cash game every night and I also won the Poker Tournament - prize is a seat at the main tournament on a free cruise on Allure Dec 2016 (Oasis this year but that tourney is now full apparently).

I have won once before but not enough players to give out a free cruise had to have cash.

Slight clarification, poker tournaments are on all 4 night and longer cruises with RCI.

Oasis and Allure have the computer Texas Hold Em tables. It takes a little getting used to if you never played on one, but, it works.

Is this current information? I had heard that Oasis was converting to dealer Texas Hold Em tables during the recent refurb which would match what they are doing with Quantum Class.

Beware of non-poker cruise live tables. The dealers are not poker dealers and they often make mistakes and miscalculate the rake (something the electronic tables never do) and they usually use 21 tables, which means only 7 at a table. :( We have come to prefer the electronic table on cruises, even though we have the luxury of playing at the best poker rooms in Las Vegas anytime we want.

Beware of non-poker cruise live tables. The dealers are not poker dealers and they often make mistakes and miscalculate the rake (something the electronic tables never do) and they usually use 21 tables, which means only 7 at a table. :( We have come to prefer the electronic table on cruises, even though we have the luxury of playing at the best poker rooms in Las Vegas anytime we want.

Be that as it may, I am taking my 27yo son on the Oasis December 5 and he enjoys playing with a dealer a lot more than with a computer. I see you were on the Allure earlier this year? Was there a dealer or electronic table on the Allure?

Be that as it may, I am taking my 27yo son on the Oasis December 5 and he enjoys playing with a dealer a lot more than with a computer. I see you were on the Allure earlier this year? Was there a dealer or electronic table on the Allure?

Electronic tables....two of them.

In my opinion, it's the players that matter in a poker game, not the dealer. We've had many great poker games on cruises with electronic tables. :)