Avalon Passion brief info

sfolove

Avalon......On the Budapest to Amsterdam cruise, and our weather has been wonderful--sunny in the 70s, light rain only out of Nuremberg.

The Passion is lovely, staff excellent. Bathrooms are great--no entry curb to trip over and no need for a night light.

Avalon......On the Budapest to Amsterdam cruise, and our weather has been wonderful--sunny in the 70s, light rain only out of Nuremberg.

The Passion is lovely, staff excellent. Bathrooms are great--no entry curb to trip over and no need for a night light.

We board on the 9th leaving Budapest and ending in Bucharest. Greatly looking forward to this part of the Danube and know we will be thrilled with the Passion. Thanks for the information. Any suggestions related to the kind of $$$ when in Budapest.

Cole

I fly to Amsterdam tomorrow...few days pre cruise then board the Avalon Passion on May 26/17. ..Amsterdam to Budapest. Any other info that you can share about the Passion and this itinerary would be greatly appreciated! :). I'm also staying in Budapest for 3 nights post cruise. Any suggestions for Budapest...is it easy and safe to walk around?

Thank You for sharing your experience on the Passion and starting this thread! :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Cole- They use Hungarian Forints (HUF's), currently @ 275 Huf's to the US $.

2 Canucks- Very safe, we spent 3 nights there pre-cruise and had no issues, never felt any threats. We walked all over, and then would find a tram line and take that back. Public transportation is easy to figure out and clean.

If you want something different to do, we took a Tuk-Tuk tour that was great. It's a 3 wheeled motorcycle and you sit in back on a bench. Great views and fun. Also a lot of walking tours you can take that are tip only...they had a general history one, Communist one, and Jewish district one. Easy to find on google.

Enjoy, it's a great city.

We were on the Passion at the end of April from Budapest to Prague and LOVED it. Didn't know what to expect but we were so happy with every part of the tour and Avalon. The cabins were very roomy with tons of storage and the most comfortable beds, great bathrooms with lovely amenities, excellent crew, great food and local wines and a very relaxed vibe.

Budapest was our favourite city and we spent 4.5 days prior to sailing. Felt safe everywhere, even at night. Stayed in the city centre and could walk almost everywhere. We did the hotel on our own. I would recommend the " Free Walking" tour mentioned above for a great overview of the city but you need to be able to walk flights of stairs. Also did the Jewish District tour and thought they were both excellent. There are great local restaurants and bars in the Jewish district which is in the city centre. Our favourite restaurant was Zona, it is on the Buda side of the Danube just below the Castle. Small, romantic spot with a live pianist and fabulous wines and food. You would need to make a reservation. Dinner was half the price of what we would pay in Toronto for a similar dining experience. We found Budapest very reasonable overall. If you are good walkers this is a great city to explore on foot. If not, it looks like the hop on hop off bus makes stops at all the city highlights. We didn't use the trams but we were told they were very efficient and easy. Enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We leave tomorrow for Budapest for the Illumination - our trip from Budapest to Amsterdam on the 26th of May - will take any and all last minute tips you might share.

I'll be on the Avalon Passion same timeframe just going in the opposite direction! I wonder if we'll be docked together anywhere along the route? l'll be watching for the Illumination! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app