Cruise Directors

Its Richard on the majesty. I said to my husband that he reminded me of Matt Allwright. Later that week, Richard made an announcement to the passengers that he is often mistaken for certain celebs - Matt Allwright, Mr Bean, Ken Dodds love child. ha ha.

They have been talking about Richard on another post, and we loved his afternoon play on Spirit last year. Wondered who was on Spirit when we go on 7 September.

Its katy from the majesty and shep as acd from the dream, positive reviews coming back from first timers, but not all regulars are happy, the ship wasn't the same this year, the crew are still brilliant but quite a few not back this season, the entertainment and food not up to the usual standard, On our cruise a couple flew home on the 3rd day, and was hearing people saying looking forward to going home

The atmosphere wasn't the same at all and the crew agreed, seem disorganised the ents team did not mix with the passengers at all

Booked spirit for next april hoping Richard will be back on

Who are the current cruise directors on the Thompson ships at the moment?

martyn bell- dream

katy- spirit

paul evan- celebration til june 3rd

gavin carrol- celebrtion- june 4th til oct

Shame if the atmosphere has gone downhill. Our first Spirit was Fire and Ice, and we loved her enough to go back in October. Can't believe it was so bad that folk felt they had to go home.

We have been on Dream with Katy as ACD and then again on Majesty when she was CD. Will keep fingers crossed. The only port we have done before is Mykonos, so really looking forward to it.

Shame if the atmosphere has gone downhill. Our first Spirit was Fire and Ice, and we loved her enough to go back in October. Can't believe it was so bad that folk felt they had to go home.

We have been on Dream with Katy as ACD and then again on Majesty when she was CD. Will keep fingers crossed. The only port we have done before is Mykonos, so really looking forward to it.

It's a different captain too. One of the deck partys ended early as not many people stayed long but they had put karaoke on at the same time was dead outside high spirits at night which is normally packed. A lot of dissapointed people on our week lots were unhappy about richard not being on and lots didn't like Katy

Edited by mtt

Thats a shame and I don't think people should blame Katy. We had Richard on the Majesty last week and I agree he is good and funny too.

not saying people blaming katy, they just didn't seem to like her, we didn't actually see her that much