Dream - anytime dining vs. Late dining

klpalp

I need help trying to decide which one to pick, as of now we have anytime dining, but I have time to change if we decide. We have cruised 2x before, but both times with kids and had anytime dining, which worked great. We are going on our first cruise without kids and was wondering if we would prefer late dining. We are pretty sure we will be eating later most nights, but not sure if we want a set time each evening? My husband and I want to enjoy a dinner with just the 2 of us and not be seated with anyone else, which I've heard you will be set at a table with others possibly? Is one dining room better than another as far as service...for example having the same waiter each night? I was just curious on others' experiences and wonder if we should try the late dining? We have always been happy with anytime, so part of me says to stick with it! So I guess I would like to know the pros of late dining.

Thanks!

Ugh, we tried and hated anytime dining on the Dream. There were horribly long lines to wait usually because most people still chose to go at 6 or 8 which is when that dining room is seating others. We got pagers but it was a pain waiting 30minutes. I'll only do late dining from now on, lesson learned. Also, while we got a private table each time (which I prefer) our waiters were never the same and didn't really know our name, preferences, so some of that ambiance was lost

The anytime works well for us. To avoid the line, show up right around 5:45. Having different servers was no problem, I have to have a special diet preordered due to my food allergies, and each night the waiters handled it beautifully. As far as the table for 2....the trick is request it, but don't request a window seat. Because, you'll end up at a 4 seater table, and then they will use the extra seats later....which I'll agree can be awkward. OR, when you get there, just have the waiter remove the extra place settings, which may help.

I know a lot of people enjoy the group meals, and getting to meet new people on cruises, but I really enjoy the intimate meals with just my husband

We had late seating last cruise and it was nice! We had a port heavy itinerary, and we were in most until 5p, so we didn't want to have to rush to get back for dinner.

After sail away, the decks emptied out! It was so nice to be able to enjoy the empty decks or the hot tubs with few people for a couple hours then get ready and have dinner.

We did get a table for 2, simply by asking on embarkation day. The tables for two however were very small and in the middle of the aisles. It def seemed we were served last also