flight seat booker Thomas Cook Barbados

sammybonny

Just booked Caribbean fly cruise on Britannia for 5th Dec.Flight section on Cruise personaliser says seats open for booking approx 14 weeks before, then says too early to book yet try again approx 9 weeks before!?

It is 9 weeks today and still not open. Anyone had any experience and has any idea when it will open. I don't want to keep logging on every few hours to check and don't want to miss out on the decent seats.

If you have only just booked, I think it takes a few days to sort your flights out. You should get a Flight Notification from the Flights department with all the flight details. I think it might only be when you have received this that you can book your seats.

Sue

If you have only just booked, I think it takes a few days to sort your flights out. You should get a Flight Notification from the Flights department with all the flight details. I think it might only be when you have received this that you can book your seats.

Sue

No, I was given the flight details when I booked that's how I know it is a Thomas Cook flight and the information is already on my cruise personaliser.

Hi

We also were told all the flight details when we booked on 15th July but we didn't get the "Air Notification" until 30th July confirming our flight details.

Its probably best you call P&O to find out why its saying its too soon to book seats then.

Sue

We're going out on 19th December and our flight seats were released for booking more than 14 weeks before! They were apparently released on the Thursday whereas they'd been released at midnight on the Fri / Sat on our other previous fly cruses. Thank goodness there were still some 'two seats' left but most had gone by the time I found out they had been released!

We've never received any formal notification for when the flight seats will be released -just told the amount of weeks before they will be available.

Good luck - hope you can get to book soon and get what you want.

Be aware that just because you book your seats in advance doesn't automatically mean you will get what you want. We booked our seats on a Thomas Cook flight to Barbados for our Christmas cruise 2013. We booked for a '2 seater' at midnight when bookings opened only to be informed by email the night before our flight that our seats had been changed and there was nothing we could do about it. They changed us to a 3 seat configuration. We were not happy to say the least.

Hope you get what you want.

Elliejay

Just booked Caribbean fly cruise on Britannia for 5th Dec.Flight section on Cruise personaliser says seats open for booking approx 14 weeks before, then says too early to book yet try again approx 9 weeks before!?

It is 9 weeks today and still not open. Anyone had any experience and has any idea when it will open. I don't want to keep logging on every few hours to check and don't want to miss out on the decent seats.

We are the same. Was on the computer at midnight last night, but told was too soon. Also had confirmation from P & O that bookings became available today.

Be aware that just because you book your seats in advance doesn't automatically mean you will get what you want. We booked our seats on a Thomas Cook flight to Barbados for our Christmas cruise 2013. We booked for a '2 seater' at midnight when bookings opened only to be informed by email the night before our flight that our seats had been changed and there was nothing we could do about it. They changed us to a 3 seat configuration. We were not happy to say the least.

Elliejay

Did they tell you why they changed your seats ? Was it because they changed the aircraft ?

Sue

Elliejay

Just wondering, did they refund your payment?

Fab1 - They didn't give an explanation. We just got an email from P & O saying for circumstances beyond their control we had been moved seats but looking on the seat planner afterwards it looked to us like a different Aircraft.

The Wilkies - No, we didn't get our money back.

We didn't even get an explanation from Thomas Cook. Just the e mail from P & O the night before. I forgot to put our luggage labels on the cases and only realised when we were in the hotel. So went on Cruise personaliser to print them off and that's when I saw the email otherwise we wouldn't have known until we were in the airport.

Elliejay

Booked ours yesterday and our flight is 8th jan, no email from P&O I just checked daily from past experience, I wasn't happy when I saw the configuration 3/3/3......so booked the emergency exit row, have since found out I think we are on the Dreamliner judging by the lay out.

I hope you get your seats sorted soon, would it be worth having a chat with your TA to see if they can sort it?

Fab1 - They didn't give an explanation. We just got an email from P & O saying for circumstances beyond their control we had been moved seats but looking on the seat planner afterwards it looked to us like a different Aircraft.

The Wilkies - No, we didn't get our money back.

We didn't even get an explanation from Thomas Cook. Just the e mail from P & O the night before. I forgot to put our luggage labels on the cases and only realised when we were in the hotel. So went on Cruise personaliser to print them off and that's when I saw the email otherwise we wouldn't have known until we were in the airport.

Elliejay

Thank you Elliejay

I have heard that they sometimes substitute the aircraft, and like you say they do not asvise their customers. It seems to me that P&O are not very good at keeping their customers informed of changes they make. In my case it is the coach pick up times they have not informed us of.

I am afraid if it was me I would have insisted on a refund for the seats as you did not get what you paid for.

Sue

Just appeared available to book (wasn't there earlier this morning) got 2 seats in quite good position! Now just waiting for cabin allocation but don't expect it will appear until 2 weeks before sailing.

Thanks for your replies.

Just appeared available to book (wasn't there earlier this morning) got 2 seats in quite good position! Now just waiting for cabin allocation but don't expect it will appear until 2 weeks before sailing.

Thanks for your replies.

Thanks Sammybonny. After reading your thread I logged onto P & O site. Flights showing as available (weren't at 12.00 noon). Just booked our seats. Actually surprised so few had been pre-booked.