Faster to the Fun!

k.squared1392

We're heading on the Inspiration in a week. Just purchased Faster to the Fun.

Please tell me it's worth it! I need reassurance that I didn't just 'waste' $100 (2 rooms). Has anyone else purchased the perk? Pros? Cons?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you an early bird with a "firstie" mentality (you have to get on the ship first)? If so, it is probably worth it....you get a herd of people that love to stand in line and try to cram into the terminal around 10 am (I am assuming you are at a port without a staggered check-in)....FTTF will result in shorter lines....If on the other hand you show up to port a bit later (after 12:30), lines are way down and your cabin will be ready by the time you check in and walk on the ship

Guest services....Do you typically use GS a lot? Some cruisers almost NEVER go to the GS desk unless they have a major issue. Others like to spend as much time at the GS desk as they do on excursions.....The towels are not white enough, the towels are to white....the ice is too cold, can I get warmer ice (being a bit sarcastic, but you know the type.....they will whine, *itch and moan about anything and everything). If you are a GS fan, FTTF is a good perk. You don't have to wait in the general line and you get to complain quicker to someone who will smile politely and roll their eyes when you leave.

Tender Ports - If you cruise has ports that utilize tendering, by FTTF, you can be a "firstie" off the ship and arrive to the port a few minutes quicker than someone else. This will allow you to buy the worthless trinket in the market 10 minutes before someone else gets there

Have a great cruise :D

Edited by First and Ten

I always get it because we get on the ship first (after weddings and wheelchairs) along with the platinum folks. Our room is ready immediately, don't have to carry bags around with us. Plus we have a separate line for guest services. This time that is important to us as we have rented a cabana on HMC and they are first come first serve as far as what number you get. So it's important to get on fast and get to the desk fast. We also get the first tender boat to HMC. Then at the end of the cruise we get to disembark a lot faster.

It just depends on the person and what they prefer

Only you can decide if it is worth it or not. You will get half the people saying they will not cruise without it, and the other half saying it is the biggest waste of money. I like it because my room is ready when I board. I get it when it is available, but do not stress if it isn't.

For me, it's totally worth just for the fact that our room is ready as soon as we board and we don't have to wait til after 1-2 to get into them. Also the express line at guest services came in handy several times as well.

So for me it's a big YES