Best food ever...

e2011

We just finished the 4 day Dream DVC Members cruise and it was awesome. The food was the best I have ever had on Disney. Maybe it was special for the Member Cruise but we had lobster tails, scallops, filet, prime rib and a vast aray of tasty deserts. I have always been critical of the Disney food quality in the rotational dining but this cruise deserves 5 stars for food. And the concierge staff was amazing! Well done Disney!

Edited by e2011

I'm having mixed reactions here. On the one hand' date=' good to know that they CAN do it when they choose to. But then why don't they choose to make excellent meals on all cruises?[/quote']

I had not been on a Disney cruise for over a year so I don't know if they have improved the food or if this was just for DVC members. I am curious to hear from anyone on a recent Dream cruise to see if they were offered the same food items. Of course with the amount of money we pay to be DVC members I would expect something extra for our DVC cruise.

I'm also a DVC member and familiar with the DVC cruises.

No, lobster is not normally served on a 4 night cruise on any of the ships. But again, the members only cruises are higher priced than normal and obviously cater to some of the most loyal Disney fans....it is nice that they chose to upgrade the food for this cruise. I have cruised in the last year, and frankly the food was mediocre at best.

I'm also a DVC member and familiar with the DVC cruises.

No' date=' lobster is not normally served on a 4 night cruise on any of the ships. But again, the members only cruises are higher priced than normal and obviously cater to some of the most loyal Disney fans....it is nice that they chose to upgrade the food for this cruise. I have cruised in the last year, and frankly the food was mediocre at best.[/quote']

The last member cruise we did before this was 2013 and the food was the typical fast food quality mass produced nonsense they had on the regular cruises. This cruise was like going to a very nice restaurant every night.

The last member cruise we did before this was 2013 and the food was the typical fast food quality mass produced nonsense they had on the regular cruises. This cruise was like going to a very nice restaurant every night.

Wish you had been on a B2B cruise to see if there was a variation on quality or if they have upped their food grades.

Did the menu's specifically mention about DVC in anyway?

ex techie

Wish you had been on a B2B cruise to see if there was a variation on quality or if they have upped their food grades.

Did the menu's specifically mention about DVC in anyway?

ex techie

Yes. I forgot until you just said that! The menu's were given to us to take home because they all said "Members Cruise 2015" on the front. And the one for pirate night was very cool with Pirate designs all over it. I think that answers the question. The food must have been special for that cruise only.

That makes sense. Special cruise, special menus and foods.

We had a similar situation with menus on the Panama crossing (eastbound) and on the last Med cruise of the season where they said we were welcome to take home the menus--on the Panama because they were special for that cruise, on the Med because it was the end of the season.

Whilst I like the idea of giving you guys the menu's to take home, it does show where Karl Holz and his team are leading DCL.

Buy into our brand, use the vacation points you've bought from us and you get superior quality and special treatment.

Apart from that logic is flawed, because anyone on their first DCL cruise after this DVC cruise will expect the same standard of offerings on their next cruise and unless they have changed the menus and quality of produce, they will be disappointed. That is unless they are going to keep that menu offering going forward?

I don't know. It just seems like DCL is like a ship at sea without a rudder to steer them in the right direction at the moment.

The loss of pool time hours, reduction of offerings, the consistent increase in prices release after release, the new booze policy, increasing Palo upcharge's, previous reports of lower quality food, introduction of paid for ice creams, new Concierge lounges, the short notice of changes after Guest's have paid in full.

All I can see if no clear direction the company is heading. Apart from pay more, you get more, and even with largely above average cruise fare prices already.

ex techie

We returned from the Western Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy a couple of weeks ago. It's our third DCL cruise this year, and I would say the food quality was pretty good (the best was on the EBTA cruise in May). The bigger difference I have noted is server quality, which greatly impacts the dining experience and perhaps perception of food quality. Our best experience was on the EBTA where our head server, server and assistant were perhaps the best we ever had - fun, entertaining, and we are still in contact many months later. The Fantasy servers were less remarkable. The Pirate menu was almost identical to the one posted above but I think the lobster offering was added for the DVC member cruise. Seems appropriate to me. We continue to enjoy the entire DCL experience, and honestly haven't noticed these policy changes impact our experience.

Edited by STHCruising